Over 8 years since last treatment. Almost 9 since surgery.

Nushka

It has been over 8 years since my last treatment and I am still NED. March 10th will be 9 years since surgery. About all my docs do now is a chest x-ray once a year. I would (after all this time) still feel better if I had one more CT/PET but is so expensive and my oncologist says I don't need the radiation. I still have issues with SOB and have an aortic murmur from the radiation but a pacemaker seems to have fixed my heart problems. I think of all of you daily. My daughter and neice are walking Nov 6th in the Nashville Lungevity LC walk in Nashville. I am so proud of them for forming a team and more than meeting their goal.

Great news! Time to celebrate.

One CT they say is like having 500 xrays, don't want to do that for the rest of your life if it is not necessary.

Are you planning a party or some thing special for this occasion?

Donna G

Hi Nushka,

Sorry about my late reponse,I do make particular effort to check the forums regularly,how you slipped through is beyond me?.Thank you for posting in your great news,we have had more than our share of sad news recently.May your success continue for many,many years to come.Congratulations.

Cindy, you go girl. Thats great news. Thanks to all of you for your replies. Don't get me wrong, I love it that I am still alive and enjoying my grandchildren growing up, its just that I often wonder...Why me? I hope I have been of help to some of my friends who did not make it. I pray for us all each day.

Nushka, aka Nina

Somehow, Nina, I have missed this until now!!!! A BIG congrats to you! I am thrilled to hear from you and know that you are enjoying life and grandchildren.

Like you, I too wonder 'why me' often. I have a friend who tells me I am not done yet with what I am here to do. Sure wish I knew what that was, however!!!!

Hope you come back and update us a little more often. We'd all love to hear what you're up to!!

Kasey