Absolutely Disgusting.

Robert  A.

I just have to vent. My wife has a lung tumor and has recently been put on Tabrecta and is having weekly blood draws which have all come back normal. On Sunday I started getting chills and a fever which lasted until Monday evening. I feel better now but we are cautious with this Covid 19 going round. I am the only one that goes to the grocery store and Pharmacy other than that we are at home and don't visit anyone or have people over. My wife decided to call the Oncology center this morning to ask for advice since she was due to have blood drawn tomorrow and we didn't know If I had caught Covid or it was just a bug. They said don't come in until both of us have been tested and gotten the results. Here is where the fun begins, trying to get a test is a lot harder than you think. The places I called were out of supplies and others had a 2 week wait for an appointment. So much for the beautiful tests that everyone was going to be able to get. Luckily I remembered my wife had had a Covid test done by her Pulmonary Dr. in May because of her cough so I thought maybe he could test her since her cancer appointments were put on hold until she got tested. My wife called and they said yes and then she asked if they could test me even though I am not a patient and they said yes so we were there in 15 minutes and got tested thankfully. I hope others don't have this same problems but getting tested is not as easy as it's made out to be.

That is disgusting.  One good thing about having cancer is it seems much easier to cut the line and get treatment. I took a tumble last week and banged up my knee. Had some weird blood pressure readings and elevated heart rate. My rad onc got me into the local clinic that day for testing.  My wife blew out her knee early this year and it took a month to get initial treatment.

Celebrate the small wins.

Peace

Tom

19 minutes ago, Lin wilki said:

And. What’s the result of your test?  Negative I hope!

Will know in a week, meanwhile we have to self quarantine which is not a problem. I'm just glad we were able to get tested after 2 days of trying to call and find a place that could do it. We were fortunate her Pulmonologist could do us both. There is a testing site that is limited to 250 tests a day but you have to get there early and wait in your car and it is in the upper 100's here in Texas. people have been waiting up to 8 hrs.

Jeepers creepers, what a mess.  Well at least you’re learning how to work the system.  Play the “C” card to jump to the front of the line.  Worked for me too, got a same day x-ray if my knee.   
Hoping the test results are a big nothing burger.  

21 minutes ago, Rower Michelle said:

Jeepers creepers, what a mess.  Well at least you’re learning how to work the system.  Play the “C” card to jump to the front of the line.  Worked for me too, got a same day x-ray if my knee.   
Hoping the test results are a big nothing burger.  

Just saw where you're from, my Dad was born in Ellsworth but was from Kanopolis 3/5/1919. He passed away March 1 of this year 4 days short of his 101st birthday. He still has a brother and sister who still live there both in their mid to upper 90's.

Hi Robert. I had been wondering about how you and your wife were doing and I had missed this post. Glad you were both able to get tested and the results were negative. I haven't been to a grocery store since early March and we've been ordering everything online. It's crazy, and there are so many people still not taking the situation seriously.

How is your wife doing with the Tabrecta? My husband has zero appetite and he's been very nauseous but we're not sure how much of that is the Tabrecta and how much is due to the radiation. I'm becoming an expert on making high protein/high calorie smoothies.

58 minutes ago, MarieE said:

Hi Robert. I had been wondering about how you and your wife were doing and I had missed this post. Glad you were both able to get tested and the results were negative. I haven't been to a grocery store since early March and we've been ordering everything online. It's crazy, and there are so many people still not taking the situation seriously.

How is your wife doing with the Tabrecta? My husband has zero appetite and he's been very nauseous but we're not sure how much of that is the Tabrecta and how much is due to the radiation. I'm becoming an expert on making high protein/high calorie smoothies.

My wife is doing very good, zero side effects. Her appetite has improved 100% since being taken off chemo. Her taste buds have returned and she is eating all of her favorite foods. I went to the store today and bought some stuff and when I got home she said I should have told you to get some M&M's with peanuts. She hasn't asked for sweets (her favorite) since November. We went to have a blood draw today to see what her going on and she has a tele conference with her Oncologist tomorrow and I suspect a scan soon. Sorry to hear you husband is feeling poorly and hope it's just a temporary thing.

Archived