Update

TJM

Been awhile since I posted. Finished last radiation treatment today so......I guess I'm done?

This disease has been the focal point of my life for 6 months. Surgery. Chemo. Radiation. Now? I guess now I just wait and get scanned. It's actually a weird feeling.  Going to take some time to mentally adjust.

I feel good other than swallowing, but that should get better fairly soon. Oh....I also lost my job. So the main thing on my mind right now is....what the heck am I going to do with the rest of my life?

Wishing everyone the best. I am stalking the board daily and trying to keep up.

Peace

Tom

Congrats on finishing your treatment!! I'm getting psyched to launch a whole new course of treatment after three years of good scans. I'm not looking forward to it, but you guys who have been through it are inspirations. 

Sorry about the job situation--hope you find something suitable soon.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking in.  We know how you are feeling, treatment is done and now what?  Carry on as best you can one day at a time.  I remember you were conflicted about the job so maybe this is really a blessing in disguise.  Onward! 
Michelle

4 hours ago, LexieCat said:

Congrats on finishing your treatment!! I'm getting psyched to launch a whole new course of treatment after three years of good scans. I'm not looking forward to it, but you guys who have been through it are inspirations. 

Sorry about the job situation--hope you find something suitable soon.

Lexi. I have been meaning to respond to you earlier but couldn't figure what to say.  I fully expect to join you in the future.  None of my doctors have suggested taking the port out.

Your in my thoughts.

Peace

Tom

2 hours ago, Rower Michelle said:

Hi Tom,

Thanks for checking in.  We know how you are feeling, treatment is done and now what?  Carry on as best you can one day at a time.  I remember you were conflicted about the job so maybe this is really a blessing in disguise.  Onward! 
Michelle

Regarding the job.......you are right. Not that unhappy to lose it!

3 hours ago, Tom Galli said:

TJM,

Make a new life with a new normal including a new job....

Stay the course.

Tom 

Awesome advice.

Tom,

So glad you finished your treatment.  It was quite a road for you and you're now on the other side.  Others have commented well and I'll add to their good words.  You alive and have the chance to keep on living.  All the other details can be worked out.  But the most important thing is that you're here to fight the job battle and face the "new normal" (a term I've come to hate) that you'll be alive to conquer.  Stay positive, you've come a long way and you'll be here instead of the alternative.

Lou

Tom,

It's great you're done with your treatment. I know that "now what/" feeling. For months our days and weeks are filled with treatment, scans, side effects, lots of people involved with us, both personally and professionally and suddenly it seems like it's all over and we have to figure out how to live now. I think that this is a common experience. Hang in there and know you've got lots of support here.

Bridget O

Archived