Sadness yet......

TNChuck

I've written a couple of post on here about my mother with Stage IV cancer and unfortunately last night she passed. She was going through chemo and needed oxygen and up until a couple of days ago she was relatively fine, but she went downhill fast. She had trouble breathing but said she wasn't in pain but then convulsed and died before medics could get to the house. She was in and out since she took morphine palliative care gave her but in her lucid moments she did tell us she loved us. I'm devastated she's gone with all we had planned but also relieved she's in no more pain from the cancer or the chemo. Just needed to write this down that yes Cynthia, you will be missed as a wife, mother, friend, nurse and a good-hearted person.

Sorry to hear the news. I was a caregiver for my brother during his battle with Lung Cancer and totally get the feeling of relief when he passed. It was hard on him and his family. He was my best friend so I felt the loss deeply and still think about him almost daily, and he passed almost 20 years ago.

Unfortunately I am now traveling a similar path as he did.

I hope your mother is now at peace. She had a long struggle and I know it isnt easy.

Peace

Tom

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Some times that's the best outcome for the patient and care givers. It ends the pain especially when there is no end in sight.  I know how difficult to let go because I experienced it. You have my sympathy.

Chuck, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to metastatic breast cancer over 30 years ago (she was in her early 50s), and I still miss her. But at the very end, she was suffering and/or out of it, and I too was relieved when her ordeal was over. I'm glad you were able to be with her--I'm sure she found it comforting to have you there.

My condolences to you, Chuck. My own mother died suddenly exactly 6 years ago tomorrow. I'm sure your mother was glad to have so much support from you. I hope you will remember her as she was in better days. It sounds like she was a terrific person. Take care. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived