Confession

TJM

😶. I need to confess something. I went on Reddit and perused the lung cancer subreddit. There were so many posts that go unresponded to it was killing me. First I posted about Lungevity and highly recommended people check it out. Did not seem to get much responses. Several posts were regarding surgery and had all of the usual questions. I got one response requesting I post the link to Lou's checklist.

I'm not very smart phone literate but decided to see what was possible. Before I knew it, I figured it out and sent it as requested. After more pondering I posted it as a single post so more people could more easily see it. It has been up voted numerous times and we have got one new member from it (Matt).

Did I do a bad thing? I can delete it. I just feel strange doing it with out Lou's permission.

Sighh

Peace

Tom

Hey, nothing wrong with publicizing anything on the forums (other than private messages without permission of the sender). We are a public forum. Anyone who wants to wander in here and post (or read) can. That's one reason we discourage people from posting personal info like addresses, phone numbers, personal email addresses, etc. There are bad guys who would exploit that information.

But what is posted on the public forums is readily accessible to all, and if you think it will help somebody, absolutely nothing wrong with posting a link (as long as the other site doesn't have a rule against it).

Tom: What's so sad about your post is the current state of affair  lung cancer . Imagine the benefits to every body should all these blogs, Facebook communities and non contributors all got together in one single setting to share experiences and help one another. Imagine the influence on Politicians, pharma and providers that will create. One can only hope.

29 minutes ago, GaryG said:

Tom: What's so sad about your post is the current state of affair  lung cancer . Imagine the benefits to every body should all these blogs, Facebook communities and non contributors all got together in one single setting to share experiences and help one another. Imagine the influence on Politicians, pharma and providers that will create. One can only hope.

I'm trying Gary. Really thought we would see a rush of members via that article on WebMD.

Someday

Peace

Tom

Hey Tom - 

I didn't know there was a subreddit out there but so glad you posted. Any way that we can get people good information is aces. Too many people just jump onto Dr. Google and don't check their sources.

Have a super day!

41 minutes ago, Susan Cornett said:

Hey Tom - 

I didn't know there was a subreddit out there but so glad you posted. Any way that we can get people good information is aces. Too many people just jump onto Dr. Google and don't check their sources.

Have a super day!

Ironically. I found it via Dr. Google. Just searched  "reddit Lung Cancer". I just joined reddit and pretty much lost. Some reddit pros told me that is the best way to search reddit...Dr Google.

Guess not totally evil (Google), but still evil. 😁

Peace

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 4:56 PM, TJM said:

I'm trying Gary. Really thought we would see a rush of members via that article on WebMD.

Someday

Peace

Tom

I had hoped the same, too, Tom.  I know how much this forum means to me.  I check it several times a day.  I wish others would see what a wonderful, active community we have here.  I find it sad that folks are posting questions....they really want and need answers....and no one answers them.  That would change if they came here.

Just wanted to let you guys know that we constantly get new members and also people who come on as a guest.  Just because you might not be seeing new users post or introduce themselves, doesn't mean they aren't here.  You are constantly helping others with lung cancer by sharing your stories whether you know it or not.  Thank you all to contributing to this wonderful community. ❤️

Tom,

What a great thing to do!  There are so many people out there going through this without support.  Personally, I really don't know how I would have made it through this without all of the great folks on this site.  Even my Oncologist talks about Lungevity, is aware of what we do and recommends it to his patients.  Good job, buddy!

Lou

Archived