Good news again!

catlady91

After a month of not so great news, we've got good news again. They thought that the cancer came back but they said it was pseudo progression. I thought that it could be a possibility but I didn't want to get my hopes up. 

My mum also had a CT scan done shortly after the PET scan which showed nothing. They though that they had mixed the scans up! They decided to explore further and they got in touch with the radiographers who probed further into the scans and said it was inflammation and scar tissue, not cancer! 

It's a shock but obviously a good one! We never expected this! Obviously the immunotherapy did work. 

Sorry for my previous ramblings. My mum's "recurrence" put me back in a bad place. Now I feel over the moon and ready to start living life 😀

Really, really glad to hear it. Next time you get some scary news, try to keep it in mind. And if there IS a recurrence down the road (it happens to a lot of us), have faith that there will be a plan to deal with it. There often is. Either way, panic/despair doesn't help the situation. :) 

Thank you everyone for your support and for putting up with me😊. Hopefully the cancer will stay away for good but apart from death and taxes, there are no guarantees in life. 

I'll keep everyone updated and I'll still be on here to support others. I've grown fond of this forum 😊.

Great news! It also helps to have a doctor who's willing to be supportive. A good bedside manner can calm everyone's nerves. 

That is such great news!  Now go out and enjoy each day with "Mum" and worry if and when the time warrants it.  

Lou

Archived