Brain MRI

Karen_L

It's checkup time again. I had my brain MRI a couple of days ago and saw the oncology radiologist yesterday. Things are stable. 

I'm having some emotional whiplash, though. No scanxiety beforehand this time (thank goodness) but with each test, I'm reminded of the realities of lung cancer and I just...grieve. 

The good news: the next scan is in three months, not two!

One foot in front of the other, I'll shift my focus to the sweet life I am lucky to have.  It's so much easier said than done, eh? Onward!

Good news, Karen❤️. I really understand the need to give ourselves time to grieve. The “radical acceptance” path does honor grieving completely and then moving forward.  

• 3 weeks later...

2/5 Sunday Just reporting in-- the rest of the checkup was equally boring. (Thank God!) CT scans with contrast on 1/26; oncologist the following week. Results: stable. 🎉🎉 Once we hit the one year mark on Tagrisso-- March-- I graduate to every thee months. I woke to some slight anxiety the morning of the oncologist visit, but it had passed by afternoon. Back to living....

Karen