howard Zpacific

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Thanks for your concern. I have not been real active on the site for the past two weeks. Apparently the cancer is on the move with my docs speculating that it has spread into the liver and or kidney. Consequently have had to adjust to a new level of pain management along with some weigh loss and fatigue.

As I said in another post today to Tbone after having an x-ray and sonogram my doc said that the only person left for me to see was my priest to get my spiritual life in order. In spite of everything I still feel truly blessed to have been able to spend the quality time I have had with my family. Pain management is the only treatment I am taking and while it zonks me by nightfall, it also permits me to do so many things with my family. It is the little things that one might tend to miss that seem to count most.

I hope that all of you are doing well and please know you are in my prayers.

God Bless,

Howard

Hi Howard,

I am glad that you are able to enjoy the little things with your familly and that you have the pain under control.I also admire your dignity.You are a great man Howard.Your posts have meant a great deal to me.Peace be with you.Praying for us all.TBone

Howard,

I am so sorry this beast got a hold of you. You have an amazing attitude and I want you to know you have been an inspiration. I am getting to the point you are at now and only hope I can have the courage and strength to get to the next level.

God Bless you and your family,

MO

Greetings from Guam,

I would like to thank all of you for the kind words. The beast seems to come and go with each visit a little more intense. Have been feeling good for the past week and am preparing for its next attack. Keeping weight on has been a challenge but I found that drinking dietary supplements like Ensure has helped stabilized my weight.

Stabilizing the emotional side is another matter. I think we all go through depression to one degree or another and sometimes it is very difficult to pull one’s self out of it. To keep this beast a bay each morning I sit outside and while I enjoy a little java I thank God for giving me another day. It does not matter how I feel physically, at least I am around to feel something.

This web site is another pillar supporting the emotional fight. There is no way to express how important it has been for me being able to share what is happening all of you who are engaged in the same battle. God Bless all of you and thank you again for your caring.

Howard

Hi Elaine,

I have been having a little vision problem lately that has taken some adjustment on my part. The muscle that moves my left eye horizontally is not working correctly causing extreme double vision. I have seen an eye doc and we are experimenting with eye patch and magnification for right eye. Tried to see if we could get the left eye in tune by shading part of my glasses but had to give up as the left eye just keeps getting worse.

Up to yesterday had a lot of trouble reading or writing, so I have not been using the computer. On the bright side of things still have one working and with a little more fine-tuning should be able to adjust.

Thanks for your concern and enough about me – let me know how you are doing?

God Bless,

Howard

• 3 weeks later...

Howard,

You and your family are in my prayers and may you be surrounded by good thoughts and wishes. Take each day as a gift from God, but allow yourself to feel all of the emotions - good and bad. Your family and all of us are with you are this journey. . . and may you fight this terrible demon on your terms. . . and in your way. shirley