Back, but leaving again.

Guest Billie

Guest Billie

Dear Friends,

I got back from my folks yesterday and I did have a really nice visit. I am at work this morning, but have to leave again this afternoon for Madison, Wisconsin and the University Cancer Center there. There are so many posts from the last five days that I do not have time to read or answer them all today, but will try to get to them when I return on Thursday. I have appointments tomorrow with the oncologist and surgeon at the U of WI. This is the last step before the surgical removal of my lymph nodes and the production of the vaccine for the GVAX trial. I have to admit I am nervous and apprehensive about this, but am trying to stay positive and hopeful. You know, I may never have even heard about this clinical trial if it hadn't been for this board and the great people here. Thanks again and I'll talk to you all in a few days.

Billie

Billie:

I have to assume you are seeing Joan Schiller. She is my oncologist and is one of the best. Is this your first visit? UW has an excellent program for lung cancer. Let me know who your clinical research assistant is. I know all of them very well. You are in great hands.