Returning the hall pass.....

Andrea

Oops, Ry is right, I am a bit late in turning the pass in. :oops: Send me a bill for my fine :)

Well I have returned from my break. I have been lurking to check in and my heart is breaking for Shellie, Mo's family. And of course worried about Denise, etc, etc, etc. I love you all and am thinking of you all!

My mom was always high maintence and a Nordstrom's girl, but now she is turning Saks Fifth Avenue and Gucci :shock: She is swallowing $60 a day :shock: That's right, Iressa started :P My goodness, she nearly fell over when she heard the cost (insurance pays for most, but still ridiculous). When do most people start with the side effects if they have any?

My time off was actually good for me, but never tell Brian he was right. :shock: I made some pretty big life decisions with a clear head. Well my head is never clear ;) My last day at work is June 30, I turned down a job with the Cancer Society because it was not right at this time, we decided we are going to try to move to Los Angeles instead of settling down in Orange County so that we will be closer to family, I decided I want to transition into the nonprofit sector, and I started the Atkins diet and lost 6lbs so far :) It all came together when we went to Disneyland over the weekend :)

Missed everyone. MMMMWWWAAAAAHHH!

Jamie,

I thought I did! See, I AM losing my mind! The job was A LOT of night work and not the best areas. But most importantly if we move to LA, I would HATE to have to quit a job with a charity, that would not be nice.

Did I tell you taht Brian quit his job and his last day is tomorrow?

Welcome back, ten dollar fine for reporting late. Give the pass to BLT, she's next.

I hope your mom does well on the Iressa and doesn't get the (you call that a rash!) rash, or other side effects. Seems like John started to get the rash about week 3 or so.

Good Luck ~ Rochelle

A friend of mine just turned 65 and now Iressa is not covered . She just started it . I should tell her this month she got a bargain. One month supply cost her $ 900 . Unless I have forgotten my math that is only $ 30 a day. She figures it will take 2 months to find out weather she is one of the people who respond well to Iressa. Donna G

Welcome back! Glad things are falling into place for you. My Dad is gearing up to start Iressa in 4 weeks. I have already checked with our pharmacy...........Iressa is $66.00/day! $1980.00 per month. Geeesh!!! Thank goodness that Dad has a catastrophic clause in his insurance. He can not be out of pocket more than a certain amount of money. Chemo ate that right up, soooo..........the Iressa will cost us nothing. Praise the Lord. I have been sooooo worried about it. Hope your Mom responds well to the Iressa.

Glad you're back!

Angie

Welcome back Andrea,

I think about you often because just as you were deciding to quit your job my son was making his decision on which law school to attend, so I am hoping that becoming a lawyer is the right career for him, I started to wonder after all the negative feedback I was hearing, hopefully it will work for him..Anyway, welcome back and I hope you and Brian find what you're looking for I have a feeling you will..Hoping your mom does well and tolerates the Iressa..Way back right before Iressa was FDA approved, it was on an accelerated approval, my dads onc told them it would cost about $1500 a month and they didnt have very good prescription coverage..

Andrea,

Yeah, $60 a day IS a hard pill to swallow - and it's SOOOO small, makes you wonder how they fit all that gold in it! :wink:

Six pounds is a good start - KEEPING it gone is another battle! I get rid of some and when it returns home, it brings friends! LOL

Take care,

Becky

Elaine,

Thanks for asking! We were thinking about the honeymoon finally when we were just in Arizona for a weekend, but then low and behold, Brian is seeking a new job, so we need to see time off issues :) We will go eventually :):)