Lost my dear dad

MSWKitty

Thanks for the wonderful words of support. You are such amazing people. You never fail to lift my spirits. I'm living through the chaotic planning, planning, planning of the funeral right now. I've been forgetting days, words, where I've put things, etc. Plus, the move that my husband and I are making into our new home makes me feel all the more unsteady. I'm trying to eat, but have little appetite. I also think I'm getting decent hours of sleep, yet I'm still sleepy all the time. The greatest thing though, of course, is the never-ending sorrow that does not seem to go away. Maybe for little peaks of time, but I sure would give anything for my daddy to be sitting accross from me over on the couch right now. Still just doesn't seem possible. :cry:

Love and lots of appreciation,

Kitty

Kitty:

So sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through. I pray that God gives you and your family peace and comfort during this difficult time -- he did with me. You will make it through the days ahead somewhat in a fog and in a few weeks or a month, you will miss your dad even more. This is how it kicked in for me anyway. I still miss my dad terribly, but remember the good times, the funny times and special moments we shared. These memories are with you forever and will make you feel closer to him. God Bless!

Kitty,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Andrea B recommended a book to me just recently and it was right up my alley. It was the one thing that brought me comfort. I was just looking for something I could relate to that would make me laugh. It's not self help type, it's just a fun, humorous read. It's called "Getting Over It" by Anna Maxted. It's a 30 something girl that loses her father. I highly recommend it.

Kitty I know the grief so well. I'm so sorry that you have to go through this. It's been 7 months and I'm finally feeling better...the pain is not gone, but it's not as constant. I just really really miss my mom but I'm now able to accept that she's gone and deal with how I'm going to honor her memory. Losing someone really turns your life upside down. I still can't come up with a better word for it... It just sucks!

thinking of you...