Husband in hospital again

DollyPardonMe

I had to take my husband to the hospital again yesterday. Just when I thought things couldn't get much worse -- he was diagnosed on Friday with a brain tumor. The results on the Iressa were also not good and he has been taken off that too. On Friday he couldn't hardly move. He couldn't hardly walk and was almost totally out of it. I took him to the Oncologist and she put him into the hospital and they did an MRI Friday afternoon and she called me in his hospital room to tell me the sad news. They gave him a high dose of decadron the decrease the swelling and this morning he was much better. He called me this morning and said he didn't even remember being taken to the hospital yesterday in fact he didn't remember much of anything the last 2 days. So he will probably be home on Monday and probably start radiation on Tuesday. I will be glad to have him back home and Hospice will arrange for a hospital bed for him and a walker and anything else they think he may need. Thank God for Hospice. So here's hoping the next time I post things will be looking even better.

So sorry to hear of this latest set back. I hope that they can radiate the brain met with great success... from what I have read on the boards here, the radiation seems to work well. I am sorry that you have to go through this.... I do pray for some relief for us all. Love, Sharon

I am sorry to read this news about your husband. Is it possible for your husband to have surgery to remove the met? Once removed then they could do stereotactic radiation. I know it depends on how many mets there are and also the size of the met. I had one met, removed surgically and had stereo radiation, decided against WBR. Praying this could be an option and he gets well soon...

God Bless and lots of prayers,

Karen

I hope that your husband had the same results that my mom did with brain radiation. She had about 6 tumors and they all were gone or reduced signifigantly with the treatment. Also after the brain is radiated, the chemo can break through the Blood Brain barrier and chemo can help with those mets as well.

keeping you both in my prayers.

First of all I want to thank each and every one for your responses. He will come home from hospital tomorrow (Mon). Hopefully radiation will start on Mon or no later than Tuesday. All I can say right now is he is better than when I took him into the hospital on Friday. He is walking with a walker. So I will keep you all posted. Again thanks so much for caring and taking the time to respond.