my husband has lc and bone

paulette1952

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update on my Dad,

As posted before he is in a hospice now and the cancer has spread to his bones. He can't move his legs at all, his back is giving him lots of pain and it looks like the radiotherepy he had didn't help him.

He is in agony and it is hard for them to control his pain. It is terrible to see someone you love so much in so much discomfort begging to die.

The doctors have said the end is close now, and we are all by his bedside.

They have to find a cure for this dreadful disease!

Thanks for all the kind posts, it has helped my mum alot I think.

Shane

Paulette,

I'm not sure if God is listening to me at the moment but I do hope my prayers for you and your family are answered.

I can certainly understand your anger and frustration, and sometimes a little anger is helpful for the soul -- but try not to hang onto it. Instead, look at the many years you and your husband have had together as a blessing. And never give up on life. Never give up ... PERIOD.

Bill

I am so sorry for your loss Shane. Hold you mom close as she needs you to be strong for her.

Your dad is finally at peace which he need desparately as all the pain he was in.

Please accept my deepest of condolences.

We are always here for you.

Maryanne

My husband's funeral went fantastically, I am so proud of Shane he did a lovely tribute to his dad, everyone was in tears. My husband was a taxi driver, the whole town stopped as there was a convoy of taxis all in the town, there was no room in the chapel as it was so packed with so many friends and relatives he had the best funeral and send off anyone could have had, my other son Scott chose 2 beautiful and apt songs for his dad, I am so proud of both my sons, thank god i have them both.

THIS IS HOPE TO ALL OF US WHO ARE GRIEVING. I have to tell you all the day before his body died, my husband sat up(he has not been able to sit up because the pain was too great) on his own and looked through my son who was in the romm and shouted to someone we could not see and said 'I am not leaving yet' it just proves to me that this is not the end, someone came to get him. I believe that and now my unbelieving sons do now.