New member SCLC

patrice

Hello everyone,

Well I have been lurking about on this site since I went to see my Doctor on July 13th because I was having this feeling that someone was strangling my neck all the time. I was shocked when I had a x-ray and was told I had a tumor in the upper part of my lung. I had a lung biospy on the 15th and started my chemo treatments on the 20th. I also had a MRI of the brain, a bone scan and a full body CT scan. After all the tests I was diagnoised with limited stage SCLC. I have been doing great, no side effects from the chemo or radiation except for being tired and having what I can now blame onto something, forget fullness, having a word on the tip of my tongue but can't seem to remember the word. Ect, ect.

I just wanted to finally introduce myself as I have gotten so much information from this site and everyone seems to be so concerned and caring.

Welcome to the place no one wants to be but is so glad it is here when they need it. We are one big family (over 1400) and we all care a great deal about each other. It sounds like you are doing well. Do not be surprised if your fatigue gets worse with radiation. It is just part of it I think. I actually felt more tired after it was all over. I wish you the best and hope that your treatments continue to go well.

Nina

I also have sclc but I also have mets to pancreas. You are very fortunate to have an early limited stage.---I know, I'll bet you don't feel "fortunate". I was diagnosed in Nov. 03, & went into remission after the first 2 chemo treatments. Have also had 28 radiation appts.

I quit smoking (40 yrs) as soon as I was diagnosed--40 yrs. too late. I still struggle with the addiction every day, but will not smoke again. Keep in touch & good luck to us!! Claire

I also have sclc but I also have mets to pancreas. You are very fortunate to have an early limited stage.---I know, I'll bet you don't feel "fortunate". I was diagnosed in Nov. 03, & went into remission after the first 2 chemo treatments. Have also had 28 radiation appts.

I quit smoking (40 yrs) as soon as I was diagnosed--40 yrs. too late. I still struggle with the addiction every day, but will not smoke again. Keep in touch & good luck to us!! Claire

hi patrice,

welcome to the site. i'm glad to hear that you are enduring the treatments well. quitting smoking is definitely something to be proud of. being able to see your grandchildren grow up is definitely a motivating factor. i pray that you have continued success with your treatments.

God bless you and your family,

mj

Hi Patrice and WELCOME!

We are sorry you had a reason to find us, but I think you will be very happy that you did. Everyone here is warm and friendly and willing to help out whenever they can.

Sounds like your treatments are going well, and I pray that will continue for you.

Let us know how we can help!

God bless you,

Peggy