?????????????

gail

CAT scan on Tuesday, had a massive migraine to boot. Actually threw up in the car on the way home. Luckily my car is a mess, and had a big ziplock in the back of the car. And that was one way to rid my body of the barium.

Onc called today. Something, something, something--

on the right breast (that's the good one). He told me ten times that the CAT scan is not as good as a mammogram. I reminded him I had 2 breast cancers that never showed on mammograms. Had my mammo in June and just saw my surgeon last month. It could be scar tissue, or which there is plenty of on that breast. I WILL call her office first thing tomorrow and see the next step.

something, something something

5 mm on right lung (not the cancer side) Very small, and too small to do anything with he said. When I was first diagnosed, they saw the lung tumor on the left and a smaller one on the right. The right one never became an issue in the 3 1/2 years and how many CAT scans since.

Could be the same spot, just showed up on this view. Scan was read by a different radiologist. Onc will look at all the scans to compare tomorrow and call me with his thought.

He did say at 5 mm it was too small to do anything with. PET scans are usually no smaller than 7 mm. He said we would scan in 3 months. Any thoughts?

************************** that's all my bad words***********

But I want to not worry until I have something real to worry about, until someone talks to me about treatment or surgery.

Can I just be in denial for a bit?

love you guys

gail

Gail, hang on hon. Easier said than done, I know. My friend just finished chemo and radiation for a 3cm breast tumor that did not show up on the mammogram - she now has ultrasounds done along with mammograms. I am saying many prayers for you. Let us know as soon as you know.

Love and hugs,

Nancy B

Gail,

Sounds to me like you're dealing with this very well. You're being proactive without being paranoid...and I personally think denial used at times when we cannot do anything about the situation is a great way to get through the roughest spots.

I have all of my movable body parts crossed that this turns out to be benign...and easily dealt with.

Hang in there....you aren't hanging alone.

Is this something, something, something on the breast AND something, something, something on the lung....or is it all just one something, something, something??? I couldn't quite figure that out from your post.

But...either way, yes it's okay to be in denial (or just call it "relative calm") until you know for sure whether or not you have something to worry about.

FWIW, I had two small (2 mm each) nodules long before my cancer showed up. Both are still there even when I had my post-tx CT scan earlier this month. So....whatever is there could be nothing....just a little benign nodule...and the same one noted when you were dx'd.

Life is short enough....so don't waste your days in worry unless and until you know you have something to worry about. I know, I know....that's a lot easier said than done....but we're here to help, ok?

Take a deep breath....and try to relax. Know we're here when you need to let off some steam or some worry.

Hi Gail.

I am feeling for you.. I think the hardest stuff we surviors play is the waiting game. I am not very good at it. Others are better than me...

The three months can't pass quickly enough.

Well, I suspect I will see more of you around.

Sorry your news was so ambiguous.

Cindi o'h

gail,

i know this is easy to say, but please try not to worry too much till you know something. right now this is all maybe maybe maybe. could be that whatever the view is this time is different than previous scans.

you know that most things like this turn out to be nothing. please keep up informed and know that a lot of people here are standing right beside you right now and through any rocky times that may ever come along.

cindy

Gail,

My vote is with the scar tissue. How many times have we seen scar tissue mistaken for something else on this board?

And the small node on the right lung...I have a feeling this is probably the same one that has always been there... with a different radiologist reading it and perhaps a different view.

You are right to try not to worry... I don't think it is denial as much as it is self preservation and rightfully so.

Keep us posted as to what your Onc says... I am sure you are going to be okay....

Gail,

Hang in there girl. It sounds like you will just have to wait and maybe get some more tests. I would't (yeah, I know) worry to much until you actually KNOW something. Right now it sounds like a bunch of guesses to me. Keeping you in my prayers that nothing has changed.

Nina

Thanks everyone--you all confirmed what I knew--just keep going!!! :lol:

My motto has been "Don't give cancer one more minute of my time then it needs" I have too much planned today to worry about what if.

Snowflake's beer truck and my bus keep rolling in my head. Life is too, too short.

So today I call the breast surgeon, and have a Halloween party with 20 3rd graders. As a parent your kids outgrow Halloween, but as a teacher, it comes every year, over, and over, and over, and over.

But I will be nice.

And thanks again for all

gail

Gail,

You do all you can to relax and enjoy the party with the kids.

What they saw on the breast could be calcifications, if they are

not clustered, nothing to worry about, I have some in my good

breast since 1999 and they never changed. Wish you that.

The nodule could be the same one as before, till the same

person can read the new results, the wording may be different

to mean the same thing as before.

Will keep you in my prayers for an enjoyable weekend and

a lot of pleasure and also great results.

J.C.

Gail,

I hope the only monsters you have are the kids in the costumes.

And as I get older I am growing all sorts of strange things on my body. When I asked my doctor what they were, she said you are not going to like it - Oh No!!!! - she said they are old lady spots.

So Gail, maybe we get these spots inside too.

And it really does sound like all of this is the old stuff that has been hanging around and not changing.