Brought to a Screeching Halt....

Fay A.

I hate it when that happens......

Couldn't do the FNA biopsy of the axilla lymph nodes, so my efforts to enroll in the GVAX trial were brought to a screeching halt.

Now I have to try to find something else that appears promising. But before I do that I'm going to take some time off to adjust to this latest set back (Like about 2 weeks so I can put together a memorable Thanksgiving Dinner, and recover from THAT.)

Ahhhh...food is ALWAYS part of the cure....

Fay, sorry for the flippin' setback. I hope you see something even better soon!

Enjoy your break, take out the stress on your mashed taters like I do - creamiest ones in the county, I swear! :wink:

Take care,

Becky

The radiologist stated that she could see the nodes on the CT scan done this morning, but that when she tried to locate them with the ultrasound in order to do the biopsies she could't find them. She also stated that she felt I had a "rotator cuff problem" and should have that evaluated by an orthopedic.

I had FNA biopsy of multiple tumors in my lung (a tad more difficult to access site than my flipping armpit, don't you think?), so the idea that the nodes could not be accessed just doesn't sound right to me. I'm not a doctor, but I've had my chain yanked a few too many times not to be concerned that the sound I hear is clanking.

Cheryl, thanks for the info on the other tumor vaccine trial. I will be checking into that one as well. Would you private message me with contact information on that one? Thanks in advance.

I am not giving up. Ever.

Rats! Rats! Rats! Well, until you come up with a solution, Fay, I agree with Snowflake - food can be good therapy. I've had some stress this week and last night ate a bowl of ice cream with chocolate syrup, a huge burrito today for lunch, w/two scoops of sour cream, and three of those small Hershey's chocolates - and I'm supposed to be the leader of The Getting Smaller Club! Ha! Not yesterday and today. The food therapy works until you have to get on the scales. Sigh - better get back to it tomorrow!

You hang in there, girlfriend. I love your spunk!

Love,

Peggy

Fay,

This is the pits. I wish you a wonderful thanksgiving and a delicious meal. After that is done...why not try to find someone else that will try the biopsy? It doesn't quite feel right that they can't biopsy it, although I have to admit I am not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol:

Keep that fighting spirit!

Nina

Fay--

I'm sorry I'm late to respond--I haven't had much time to log on recently.

I am so darn frustrated for you. I want you to get a major break sometime soon! In the interim, however, all I can do is tell you that I, too, am rooting for you and that I hope you have a truly lovely Thanksgiving.

Melinda