Sad News

Don Wood

Don,

How is Lucie doing? Yes, my biggest fear is brain mets too. I have seen many people on this board conquer them. I was talking to a woman who had 33 tiny mets in her brain, and I could not tell. She had everything to treat them, and seemed to be just as cognizant as the next person. She said she had been very nauseated and they couldn't figure out what was causing it. So I am confident that our tough little Lucie will beat this as well! Jack and I send our prayers.

Cheryl

Don,

I'm sure Lucie is pretty bummed out about this news, and it's nothing that any of us like to hear. It always sound so frightening.

If the report is confirmed (and even before it's confirmed), please share with her all the positive stories about treatment for brain mets, including my husband's, and so many others on here. I'm sure you've already done this, but she just must realize that there is a lot of hope even with brain mets.

As you know, my husband started with 8 (3 of them were pretty big), and still has 4, but is working full time, feels great and we, too, had a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving celebration today.

I'll never forget when my husband called me at work and told me he had brain tumors. I cried all the way home and just knew it was a death sentence. Well, that was more than 15 months ago, and it WAS NOT a death sentence. PRAISE GOD!!!

Give Lucie a hug for me and tell her I will be praying for peace in her heart, and for you, too.

Love,

Peggy

Don,

I am sorry to hear of this setback for Lucie. But like all the others before me, I have NO doubt that the two of you will tackle this head on, like you have done with all the other hurdles that have been thrown before you. Tell Lucie we are all rooting for her as always...

Don and Lucie,

You two are two of my favorite people and it hurts to think of you having to fight this in another area. I too believe you are both very strong people and that you will beat this. What a shame to get the call the day before Thanksgiving. I am glad you got to be with family and could enjoy the day even with this hanging over you.

Lucie, you and Don are always in my prayers. I think of you often and when I do I smile. What an inspiring couple you are.

Nina

Don,

So sorry to hear about this latest setback. :( No doubt in my mind that Lucie wil breeze right through the treatments and come out fighting. Don, you continue to take real good care of her, o.k.? (remember, taking good care of a woman involves..........shopping!! 8) )

Lucie, hon, YOU are AMAZING!! You give such inspiration to so many hear through Don's words. Roll up your shirt sleeves and get ready to fight. You can do this!! AND.......after you get through this treatment, Don's gonna let you go internet shopping, right Don??? You take care Lucie!!

You are both in my thoughts and prayers~~~

Angie