Sad News

Don Wood

Hi, cyberfamily! We had a great Thanksgiving yesterday, with all our family together at our son's. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the food and being with each other. The sad part is on Wednesday, after Lucie's PET scan, the onc called and said the tumors previously seen were gone, but there was a new one in her brain. That has been Lucie's worse fear. She is having an MRI today to confirm and will probably start radiation for the lesion early next week. One more thing! But we are bracing for the treatment and expect good results. Need all your positive thoughts and prayers. We WILL get through this. Don

Don and Lucie

I am sure that you will handle this treatment as well as you have the others. You are one brave strong woman, with a wonderful/awesome supporting husband and caregiver rolled into one. I think the two of you can battle just about anything. Just another hurdle on this bumpy road we find ourselves on.

You both are in my prayers daily and will add an extra one tongight to get you thru these coming days. I am so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving that means so much.

God Bless You

Kim

Don,

You and Lucie are in my prayers. This is yet another bump in the road for her. I guess on the positive side, there is only 1 lesion and they should be able to get that with gamma knife, or stereotactic radiation. The side effects are probably not so bad.

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Please keep us posted.

TAnn

Don, I'm so sorry to hear this news about Lucie. I'm glad you were able to celebrate Thanksgiving with those you love, but sorry this shadow had to be cast over it. My prayers are with you both, and I hope this is just a bump in the road, and that NED will be moving into your house soon to stay.

BeckyCW