My Take on Tarceva 150mg

Fay A.

In my opinion Tarceva 100mg will behave exactly as Bill describes.

IMO Tarceva 150mg will be the equivalent of a strong face and body chemical peel from the inside out.

And I don't care how I look as long as I can breathe easier and live longer. Right now I resemble ground round from the bottom of my neck to the top of my crown, but the breathing easier seems to be working. Time will tell about living longer.

I am not going to hide away. The whole point of doing this is so I can live longer, but it won't be much of a life if I spend it in my house or bedroom. I know it is uncomfortable for people to look at me (I look gross), but if it's too much for them they can either focus on my eyes, or avert their eyes, or they can avoid me entirely. Let THEM be the ones to hide in their houses if seeing me is too much for them. But I am NOT going to hide from the world.

The first thing I do tell anyone who is seeing me like this for the first time is that what I have is not something infectious that they can catch (hey, it relieves a lot of concerns. I would be worried if I met someone who looked like this). And the second thing I tell them is that the skin condition is a result of a lung cancer treatment. And then I tell them they can ask any questions of me they want to ask. I have met 3 new people this week alone who have family members with Lung Cancer, who took down the info I could give them on Tarceva, and GVAX. They will be looking into options for their family members. And two of them have computers and will be coming here at some point.

So.....I sure hope Tarceva buys me some easy breathing and a lot more time. And I'll focus on what I can see instead of how I look.

Another option Fay is to tell them that you have found the perfect pill for making you younger - thus you are going through that terrible acne stage again, but that you should look like an 18 year old in no time.

They will be clamoring for the name of the pill. In fact, could you PM it to me.

Hope it clears up quickly, but mostly I hope it gets and keeps you NED for a long, long time.

I am so happy to see you so determined to live life and not let this change you. Positive thoughts alone will help! Keep it up.

I wish my mom would say these words to me (or someone at all). she has let her cancer take over her entire life. She is more concerned about people seeing her than trying to make herself better. its painful to see her be this way.

I am going to read your post to her. maybe it will help. Thank you for talking out loud.

YOU GO GIRL!!! I like your spunk....as always. I can only hope to be able to face this cancer business head-on....just like you always have Fay. Your stories give me courage.....and I'm not sure you know how many of us out here get riled up when you post. You touch us all in your fight.......keep on givin' it hell girlfriend...............

Dear Fay,

I agree, you were always beautiful and still are. I love your attitude!!! Live your life and live it with your head up looking proudly at everyone. You are a great person who got a "Sucky" disease, you are dealing with it and doing the very best you can and we love you!!

God Bless You Fay,

Jane

In my opinion Tarceva 100mg will behave exactly as Bill describes.

IMO Tarceva 150mg will be the equivalent of a strong face and body chemical peel from the inside out.

And I don't care how I look as long as I can breathe easier and live longer. Right now I resemble ground round from the bottom of my neck to the top of my crown, but the breathing easier seems to be working. Time will tell about living longer.

I am not going to hide away. The whole point of doing this is so I can live longer, but it won't be much of a life if I spend it in my house or bedroom. I know it is uncomfortable for people to look at me (I look gross), but if it's too much for them they can either focus on my eyes, or avert their eyes, or they can avoid me entirely. Let THEM be the ones to hide in their houses if seeing me is too much for them. But I am NOT going to hide from the world.

The first thing I do tell anyone who is seeing me like this for the first time is that what I have is not something infectious that they can catch (hey, it relieves a lot of concerns. I would be worried if I met someone who looked like this). And the second thing I tell them is that the skin condition is a result of a lung cancer treatment. And then I tell them they can ask any questions of me they want to ask. I have met 3 new people this week alone who have family members with Lung Cancer, who took down the info I could give them on Tarceva, and GVAX. They will be looking into options for their family members. And two of them have computers and will be coming here at some point.

So.....I sure hope Tarceva buys me some easy breathing and a lot more time. And I'll focus on what I can see instead of how I look.

/////////////////

Fay :

Best of luck in coping with the adverse side effects at Tarceva 150mg. IMO maintaining the 150mg. dosage level is key to the drug's effectiveness.

Thank you Fay, for keeping us ALL strong. Your words ring so true. I am hoping that the rash settles down for you soon. I just started Tarceva 150mg. I'll keep you updated on how it treats me. I will also be re-reading your post to give me strength in the coming weeks.

TAnn

Fay-

As usual I'm late........I liked your post about the rash! It is horrible to look at and I guess I can't blame people for their reaction. Maybe because I was getting reactions from people because I was bald then went right into the rash I had more problems dealing with it.

I started back on the Tarceva this past Monday at 100mg, by this time last go round, the rash had started. When I got up this morning there was one bump on my face.....here' to hoping the lower dose works!