Scan results after 1 month of Tarceva

TAnn

I had my dr. appt. today to discuss my latest CT scan. This is the first since starting Tarceva 1 month ago. Everything is stable. I'm glad for stable, but was hoping for a little shrinkage w/the Tarceva. I guess I'm just one of those it will keep stable.....hopefully! :?

We are staying with the 150mg dosage for now, however it has affected my appetite and I have lost 6 pounds. He says if I continue to have problems eating, we may have to reduce the dosage to 100mg. He put me on Previcid for the upset stomach, hopefully that will help the appetite.

The scan also showed a "slightly" enlarged lymph node in the upper abdominal region. He said not to worry about this right now, when he looked at it, it did not look at all significant. We will just watch it for now.

I go in 2 weeks for another brain MRI to see how the brain is looking.

So basically it's "Status Quo" for me!

TAnn

I just started taking Tarceva yesterday after taking IRESSA for a month and a half. I had EXTREMELY dry skin and a slight rash from the IRESSA. I still have it so I really won't be able to tell if there are any side effects like dry skin or rash from the Tarceva or not. I hope I don't have a loss in appetite. It's been good so far and getting better. So I sure don't want to lose it. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted. :wink:

TAnn,

I can understand your disappointment to not have shrinkage but I am very happy for stable. I hope and pray that the Tarceva continues to keep things stable and that you are getting your appetite back soon.

Love and prayers,

TAnn,

I "hear your heart" on the desire for shrinkage because that's what I keep hoping for in our house, too. But, if one side of a scale is negative and the other is positive, and all "stables" go on the positive side, then you WIN!

I see you are fast approaching a 2-year anniversary. MAUUUVELUS DARLING! SIMPLY MAUVELUS!

And, I just bet those pesky critters in the brain will be history come scan time. I just bet!!

Much love,

Peggy