DAVID C in hospital - Prayers needed

Justakid

Dave and Karen,

I am glad you could figure out that you needed to be seen right away. I hope things will progess quickly and that you feel better asap. It sounds like you have a great set of docs and that they are really on your side. As always, keeping you in my prayers for a quick total recovery.

Nina

So sorry to hear that Dave is once again hospitalized. I think he is beginning to like that place just a bit too much...lol! I know what you are going through with this sodium problem and the cramping. dennis had this same problem after he started the Topetecan. Once he got lots of fluids he would be as good as new. Keeping the Chapman family on the top of my prayer list!!!!

Dave's home, they cut him loose this morning. Dr. Positive's plan got his sodium up to 127 by this morning so he's going home with salt tablets. his folks took him home and I unfortunately had to attend my parents' neighbor/friend funeral who died of colon cancer, hard to watch your mom's good friend die of the same ailment your mom has, you know? Anyway, back to Dave, he is feeling so so much better, I feel so confident now that he'll get some good rest and get stronger and be ready to really fight now! Go Dave go!

Take care!

Karen

Great news that Dave is home. That is where he belongs, home with his family not in a hospital.

Sending prayers for Dave and wish him a speedy recovery. Be strong as he will need all his strength to fight this.

Thinking of you, and welcome home big guy.

Maryanne

Man, this sodium thing was the ticket for Dave. He's been feeling so much better, has some energy and stuff, he had chemo today and I got home from work and he was even doing laundry! I KNEW this was a big problem, darn onco doc's nurses wouldn't listen to me, kept telling me it wasn't so bad. I know this, but again have learned, you have to listen to your own body and follow your own instincts and do your own research. you probably know more about what's going on than most of the medical folk.

Karen

p.s. they've got him taking 1 mg sodium chloride tablets, six a day - pure compressed salt - and that's alot of salt! really wild!