Lurking for months

Guest Lensiedel

Guest Lensiedel

I've been lurking for months, and thought it was time to introduce myself. In September my husband was diagnosed with stage IV NSCLC. He wasn't my husband then. We were living together, with no real thoughts of marriage based on previous marriages from you know where. :evil:

Because we were in love, and I had great insurance with no pre-existing condition clause, I asked him to marry me. Doesn't get much more romantic than that! :lol: I have had several major losses the last several years, and this has been very difficult. I wasn't at 100% emotionally coming into it, and I feel pretty depleted and overwhelmed at times. I just wanted you to know how helpful you have been. I've had so many questions answered without even having to ask. My prayers have been with you and I have rejoiced with you. I may not post often, but please know there's one more person praying for you all.

Wendy

Welcome Wendy,

Sorry you have to be at this place. Please post anytime you need to.

Ask questions or vent. That's what we're here for. Good luck and take

care.

Mare

Hi Wendy. Welcome. Wonder if you live close to the Twin Cities? We would love to meet you at our "face to face' support group at Regions Hospitial in St. Paul. THis is tough to go through, we all need support. Glad you found us. Donna G

Welcome and congratulations on your marriage. I was reading your profile and your poor husband has been through a lot in such a short time. I am always sooo happy when people quit lurking and start posting. I hope the tarceva works its magic for your guy.

Rochelle

Welcome Wendy,

I agree with Donna G, if you are near St. Paul - there is a local face to face support group you could attend for additional support.

Looks like you two have been through the ringer the past few months. Heres to hoping that Tarceva is the magic potion for your hubby.

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for coming out of hiding. :roll: Glad you decided to post.

I read your profile and your husband has been through so much. You guys are newly married and I wish you all the happiness. I hope the treatments work for him and you guys can get back to a normal life together.

Take care and we are always here as you know, so don't be a stranger. :)

Maryanne

Wendy,

I am glad you decided to post. It looks like the two of you have been through alot in the last few months. It must be very hard to hang in there at times. I wish you both the best and hope that this last treatment will work its wonders. I will add you to my prayer list.

Nina