adenocarcinom

lars

Hi!

Im Lars living in Sweden and got diagnosed adenocarcinom of rigth lung and pleura spreading 11/04 CT showeds no metastasis.

Used to smoke but stopped 5 mounts ago and same time started to work only daytime 8 hours a day.made a dicision to spend more time with love ones.Working as doctor myself ( GP )

Now since 2 weeks started carboplatin and Gemsar.

Feel the biggest fight in my life has started-have support from family and my church.

Have a feeling that fluid in rirht pleura is now less

Hi Lars,

Want to wish you a big welcome to a board where we all have lung cancer or a loved one has or had lung cancer. You will find a tremendous amount of first hand knowlege here, and folks who are willing to share their experiences and their hopes with you. We are a community who believes that this disease can be fought with both gloves on and still win! We have survivors here in all stages who are outliving the statistics. I was diagnosed lllb 30 months ago and so far, have no recurrences and no evidence of metastatic disease.

So very glad that you have the support of your family and church members. Count yourself among the fortunate.

What can we do to help you? I do agree with you that this is a battle of a lifetime. You will now see what you are really made of. I hope you make yourself proud! You will learn things about yourself that you never knew before.

By the way, have you noticed the link to the ask the experts? They can answer any question you pose to them. They are our gnomes in a tree hollow. :wink:

Again Lars, welcome to our community.

Cindi o'h

:) Thanks for all support.Yes I really learned new things now-do have different aspect and much more passion and tollerans in all my feelings.

3 weeks ago when I got my diagnosis I got allmost into panic-tried to see it as a neutral observer but truth came back-couldnt hide.

Now I tolled all my friends and collerges about my lungcancer-feel support and last days feeling good also in my mind.

Dont feel any nausea or other side effectc of chemo yet

I know Im loved and the battle has started.

Hello Lars,

Welcome to our site. Sorry you have to be here but as others have said, this is an excellent place for support and comfort.

Your diagnosis is precisely the same as I had just over a year ago. As you can see in my BIO below, it was almost identical. I also started with Gemzar and Carbo and it worked well for me. The pleural effusion was drained immediately and has not returned. In fact, it has reduced significantly with my recent treatment with Alimta. After over a year battling this monster, I still feel great. The only real symptoms I have experienced is with the Chemo. Gemzaar and Carbo weren't bad, just some tiredness and nausea/acid reflux, but tolerable. I have found that the best way to battle it is to stay in as good of physical shape as possible. Lots of walking and challenge yourself to do more. The big thing is to not give up and think that life is over because you have cancer. You probably won't beat it but you can give it a h--- of a run for its money. Faith in God don't hurt either.

Well Lars, again welcome and let us know how you are doing. We are interested and look forward to your future posts. God Bless.

CharlieD

Welcome, Lars, though we're all sorry you have reason to join us.

Not to worry about the dates...most of us know that in Europe the date is written as the day, then month, then year.

I hope you've had an opportunity to look at our "Ask The Experts Forum", and will consider introducing yourself to the Physicians who answer our questions.

There is hope for us all, Lars.

I'm curious. Is your lung cancer Adenocarcinoma? Or is there a Bronchioloalveolar (BAC) component to your cancer? I ask because some of us who do have BAC or BAC features to our cancer are having good results with Tarceva. Just something to keep in mind.

I'm very glad you found us.

Fay A.

Lars,

Welcome, as you already saw you will

find a lot of friendly and supportive

people in this group.

Wishing you the best and

please write often, we all are

connected in a way with lc, so we all

try to help and support.

J.C.

Well Welcome Lars!! Sorry you had to search us out, but you have found a great support home and the knowledge here is priceless.

Keep us posted on what is going on and your upcoming tests, if any.

Will keep you un my prayers along with so many others. We are hear to give support and get it back when we need it.

Again, Welcome!! :wink:

Maryanne

Yes-looking at your BIO it looks verty much like my own have started.

Hello Lars,

Working with eccersice amd relaxation.I know the illness is very hard but I will beat it

Lars

Welcome to our site. Sorry you have to be here but as others have said, this is an excellent place for support and comfort.

Your diagnosis is precisely the same as I had just over a year ago. As you can see in my BIO below, it was almost identical. I also started with Gemzar and Carbo and it worked well for me. The pleural effusion was drained immediately and has not returned. In fact, it has reduced significantly with my recent treatment with Alimta. After over a year battling this monster, I still feel great. The only real symptoms I have experienced is with the Chemo. Gemzaar and Carbo weren't bad, just some tiredness and nausea/acid reflux, but tolerable. I have found that the best way to battle it is to stay in as good of physical shape as possible. Lots of walking and challenge yourself to do more. The big thing is to not give up and think that life is over because you have cancer. You probably won't beat it but you can give it a h--- of a run for its money. Faith in God don't hurt either.

Well Lars, again welcome and let us know how you are doing. We are interested and look forward to your future posts. God Bless.

CharlieD

:)

Welcome Lars. So sorry to hear you have lung cancer too. I remember in nursing school the doctors smoked at the nurses station! As students we were told we could not smoke in uniform because the odor might make our patients get upset stomachs. That was in the late 60's. Boy have things changed since then! I hope we can be of help. Keep us posted. Donna G