Getting to Know You...Day 4

Ann

Share one of your most embarassing moments.

A couple of years ago, I ran into an old friend of mine. I knew that I had heard she was expecting a baby but wasn't exactly sure when I heard it. When I saw her, she was still very large in her tummy. My question was....when are you going to have that wonderful baby? Her reply.....I did...two months ago. Well, I just wanted to crawl underneath something and stay there until she went away. At that point, I learned never to ask that question again!

We have a family friend that is just as much of a prankster and clown-around guy as my dad ever was. The two of them were double trouble for sure. We were all at a flea market one Saturday and I spotted him across the isle looking at something. With a newly purchased book, I walked up behind him and hit him on the head with it. He turned around very annoyed and.....it wasn't him!

Ugh!

Kris

I'm a teacher and unfortunately, I'm not very good learning names of my students. It really takes me awhile. Our Meet the Teacher night in September was scheduled very early into the new school year. The parents always want to talk about their children even though they are not supposed to ask for "specifics". I had 3 "Joshes" that year and yes, I got them mixed up and know I made some comments about "difficulty" settling in for a Josh that was just fine and vice versa. I figured out my errors the next day and couldn't have felt more embarrassed!

By the way, a week after I gave birth to my 3rd child and was out shopping without her, an "acquaintance" i met asked me when I was "due". Oh boy, that one hurt. I am so, so careful now if I meet someone who i am not sure if they are pregnant.

This is work related. One of my accounts was called Drug Emporium ( a chain that no longer exists) anyway, I had a good rapore with the store manager, and had my product displayed all over store level in displays. Well, I was to work with the BIG boss, and I thought I would take him there to impress him. Well, when we went into the mangers office, during intruductions I said Ed this is.......oops, I couldn't think of his name... :oops: If there was a hole.... :roll:

Maryanne

I used to work for a bank in Nebraska. The bathroom is located in the basement of the bank. I went to the bathroom downstairs and then had to cross the lobby to get to where the tellers are. Well apparently the back of my skirt (almost a mini skirt) got tucked into my pantyhose and I didn't realize it. So my "behind" was pretty much completely exposed to the customers. It wasn't until I got behind the teller counter that someone told me. Whew I was *RED*. What made it worse was that during the Christmas party that year, the bank manager brings is up when he announced me as "employee of the year". He said something like, "Kathi will go to extreme measures to keep clients happy." Then he refered to the "incident". I don't think it can get worse than that (for me).

Kathi

I had my gall bladder out a few years ago and the prescribed exercise was walking. It being December and me being in Michigan, that meant off to the mall with my driver (Mom) because I wasn't allowed to drive...

I ran into someone I had worked with in high school and hadn't actually bumped into in three years. She took one look at me and asked when I was due... :oops: (My pregnancy had ended ten years before!)

I guess, though, in her favor, I WAS wearing a winter jacket AND had an ice bag strapped to my abdomen...

Hey Don,

That was really cute. I laughed out loud.

OK, Here's mine. The first time I ever played spin the bottle. It was the first time I really kissed also. Well the bottled pointed at me, the boy leaned over,and he put his tongue in my mouth. I jumped backed and YELLED HE PUT HIS TONGUE IN MY MOUTH. Everyone laughed, boy was I was embrassed.

Best Wishes,

Dee

Ummm not sure this is my most embarrassing moment but certainly one of the stupidest things I've ever done...

When I was 19 my friend Cathy and I got jobs in Norway working for a bed and breakfast. We flew in and made our way to Oslo by train, arriving late at night. Everything was closed up so we opened the map and found a park close by. We decided we'd just go sleep in the park till we could catch our train north in the morning. We put out our sleeping bags and then we see all these soldiers marching in the park...getting closer and coming for us. Next thing we know we are surrounded. We weren't in a park...we were on the King's front lawn. :oops:

I'm not good at this...I've done a lot of embarrassing things. Wardrobe malfunctions come to mind. I guess for me personally, the most embarrassing wardrobe issue was that I wore two different shoes to work--one was blue, the other black. :oops: I have done that twice in 22 years of office work. The last time was last summer. I had Rachel bring my shoe to me later that morning. Very embarrassing. :oops: I called that a caregiver chemo. brain issue. :wink:

These are funny! Why we are telling on ourselves, I'll never understand, but here goes....

I remember this in explicit detail like it was yesterday. One day in 3rd grade, I must have been a little bored. I was playing with my #2 pencil and accidentally broke the little red eraser off the end. So, that became my new toy. I decided to sniff it to see what it smelled like. I must sniff really hard because I sniffed and it sucked right up into my nose! I couldn't get it out, although I wasn't going to try very hard with everyone around. I quietly walked up to Mrs. Nesmith at the board and politely told her that I had an eraser stuck up my nose. You know, she couldn't follow my subtle lead. She started pounding me on the back causing me to hack and cough and do absolutely NOTHING for the eraser up my nose except clue the entire class in to what was in Mary Lynne's nose. Finally got to the doctor and had it retrieved. I never did have a boyfriend that year. Go figure. Thanks Mrs. Nesmith.

Lynne

I have not laughed so hard in a LONG while as i have while reading these. Mostly because i can relate to alot of them! :oops: Never been in the position of SBeth with the ben wa balls...but i DID just about fall out of my chair on that one!! Here goes mine...

I'm a city girl at heart and my husband and his family are farm-folk to the bone. When my husband and i were dating i would visit the farm to see what was going on. One day i was standing by the chicken coop talkin to his father, just chit chatting. I looked over and asked him, "Why is that chicken sitting on the other one?" He looks at me and says, "Umm, making baby chickens?" (I was 20 at the time so i'm sure that he must have thought me dense!) To top off my embarrassment, the rooster started crowing. Me, not being able to pass up a well-timed joke looked at my future father-in-law and said, "Must have been good!!" :oops::oops:

After my mom got diagnosed, I lost it. On my way to work one day I stopped for gas, went inside to get coffee, and drove off with the hose still attached to the car :shock: It broke off, I heard a thump. Everyone was staring. One guy was glaring and I said "my mom has lung cancer, I am not with it". He said "I am sorry to hear that, now go inside and tell them". I went in and said "the gas hose over there fell off" and I am not sure if she understood me b/c she did nto speak English, and I drove off :)

To make me feel better, someone said it happens all the time, that is why there is a safety off switch :)

Getting locked in at Sears. When I worked at Hanscom AFB I went to Sears on my lunch hour to look around in the tool department. Well I did not realize it closed at 9:30, thought it closed at 10. Got there around 9:25. After a while I realized it was closed and no one was there, everyone booked. Had to go over to the entrances to the mall, the gate was down but luckily a security guard was walking by. He had to call someone from Sears to come let me out. A had to call work and say guess what? Boy the razzing I took from the boys in blue. But was funny.

While traveling on business (don't remember where) I was in a small shoppe that had several really nice Ukranian eggs, which my wife loves (she does her own now)...any way they were priced at $20.00 each. Now you must remember I have worked with numbers/equations my entire life and am also an extremely shrewd business man. After looking at the eggs for several minutes, I made my slick offer... "I'll give you $75.00 for three"....whatta think of that lady? She said sure....it was too easy.......................then I rechecked my math.

:oops:

jim