Hi

DianeFox

I have been reading this website for about a month and decided to hop in...

My husband Bob was diagnosed with NSLC stage 4 (Mets on his bones) the last week in march this year (and we thought he just had a pulled muscle in his groin) We went to MD Anderson hoping to get into a test study in April. His hip was radiated...then his spine...and then the day after radiation was complete he coughed up blood and they radiated his lung for a week and sent us home. The radiation to his lung eliminated him from a first line test study, so he is getting standard chemo (Carbo/Taxol)here in Illinois in 4 week cycles...every wed for 3 weeks and then one week off.

He just completed round four of chemo. After round 3 he had a CT scan and one lung tumor had shrunk and one was the same size but less dense and no new hotspots so he is now considered stable.

We are Christians so we placed our hope in Christ years ago for both are years on earth and our future in heaven. We are praying for healing for Bob and I will pray for you all also and hope to be able to contribute to this website as you have all been helpful to me just reading your stories. Looking forward to many posts in the future...Diane

We're in Lake Forest and Bob has a law practice in Waukegan. He is getting his treatments at Highland Park Hospital which is close to our home after University of Illinois told us that standard chemo is standard and he could get it anywhere. Rockford isn't too far.

Welcome Diane, I am so glad you decided to join us and post.

I am sorry about your husband, but that is great news that he is stable. You belief and faith will contribute so much to your husbands recovery.

I will add him to my prayers.

Please continue to post and let us know how he is doing.

Now that you posted we an send you prayers and support. We are always here if you need us.

Maryanne

Welcome, Diane. Glad you have joined us. Sounds like the chemo is working well. Your husband's case is similar to my wife's (see below), and she has survived almost 3 years and is still going strong and living a decent life. We are also Christians and we put our trust in the Lord. Hold on to your faith, hope and your love. Don

Hi Diane,

Welcome to LCSC. I look forward to getting to know you better and hearing about continued stability for Bob. This is a tough battle to be in and we'll be here for you some days; some days, you'll be here for us. We're all in this together.

Love,

Welcome Diane and Bob.

So glad you decided to join in - I "lurked" for a couple of months before I joined in.

Stable is a gift I'm glad you've received! We're so used to thinking of "stable" in the same way we think of treading water - putting out a lot of energy and not getting anywhere. But when you're dealing with an aggressive disease, holding it stable is a GREAT accomplishment. You can tread water a long time until someone or something comes along to pull you out of the water for good!

Keeping you and Bob in my thoughts,

Leslie