Getting to Know You - September 1

Ann

When I lived in Tennessee, my favorite season was fall. I loved the fall colors in the leaves and all the wonderful smells that the season brought. Now that I'm in Florida, seasons don't change that much...just hot, hotter, hottest and hot and muggy! Here in Florida, I love winter because we actually get a few cool days here and there!

Autumn....love the crisp mornings and evenings (sweater and jacket weather)with sunny, sunny days...beautiful colors....fresh smell in the air...BUT BEST of ALL....FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!! GOTTA JUST LOVE IT!

Now as a former teacher, some have questioned my choice here. Kids back at school....loved that too! Loved my job!

Not sure if being diagnosed in fall will temper my choice selection this year or not. We will see.

Kasey

I love autumn and the smells of the woods when the leaves start to change. I love to walk in the leaves and toss 'em (I HATE to rake 'em) and snuggle into a jacket and feel the nip on my ears and nose. I like autumn because it signals an end to summer and summer is too hot and humid for me to enjoy anymore.

I love spring about the same because it's the warming after the deep freeze and all the promise of "what can be" starts sprouting out of the ground. I love the smell of mud in the spring and watching all the little flowers starting to poke out of the snow... A promise fulfilled.

Fall, the smell, the remembrance of the smell of leather of a new pocketbook for school, the first field hockey practice, the first night of needing covers, the colors of the leaves.

A close second is spring, rebirth for sure. The first inkling of green in the trees, the forsythia in bloom.

Really all seasons are my favorite. While I am not crazy about winter, it is wonderful to be totally lazy and not feel guilty, curl up on the couch and read or watch a movie or a football game.

I could never live where the seasons do not change radically. I don't know if I would appreciate fall and spring as much if I had them all the time.

Thank you God for this beautiful world.

Fall is my favorite, the cool, crisp air and the warm sun...the smell of people burning leaves, the giggles of Halloween night. Here where i live, we have Covered Bridge Festival the second weekend in October, too (live in the home of the Bridges of Madison County) and i'm SO glad they put it in the fall!!!

Well, it's a toss up between spring and fall for me. They are both beautiful seasons, especially now that I live in a place with 4 seasons (we had weather in San Francisco, not seasons!) They both have family holidays with lots of delicious foods and treats.

I pick spring, though, because there is a sense of energy and life and promise of things to come. But I am really enjoying the little hints of fall we've had here this week after a HOT summer!

Leslie