Quick update

kimmek

Mom ahs been home about 4 weeks now since her last visit to the hosptail, although we didhave a scare earlier in the week where her breathing again went out of control and she called me to call 911 (another thing she refuses to do fo herself), but when they got there about the same time i did they found her oxygen tubing which is always tangled up actaully had a kink in it completely cutting off her O2. went ahead and took her to the ER, as i know her too well and she would sit and wonder and then end up in a full blown state of panic from the what if's. All was fine and it actually was the first time ever we went to the ER and was not admitted so that made her happy.

Went for her 3 month Onc check-up and no scans were ordered since thye were all done recently in the hospital, but the doc told Mom she look and seemd better than she hadever seen her and not to change a thing she was doing. She has her good days and bad like everyone, but she is accepting now that all days will not be good and she cannot let those doays throw her inot a depression or worry. Slow progress, but i am seeing progress from her which makes me cry i am so happy. Finally had to just tell her "like it is", and that she was drivingm e in to the nut house, and if I went away for a short visit where would dhe be?? The job of course did not work out, not because of mom or anything just techinical BS,. Seems XXX cable was sold to XXX cable (whom was my last employer who had bought out XXX cable during my emplyee ment, and my entire department was eliminated,and I decided i just really dont wanna play that game again, so back to my original plan and have enrolled in the local jr college and start in January. Thats gives me the flexiable schedule for mom, a opportunity to fulfilla life ong dream, and most important just be doing something for Kim. I am really excited. I knew taking the job was throwing aways this chance of school again....but im getting on up there and s kinda now or never.

As always I read everyday and Pat and Brian you are very dear in my heart i say an extra prayer for you guys, and Andrea you are in my thoughts during your extended bed rest which will all be worth it!! as well as everyone else...i am truly beginning to believe in the power of prayer, not that i never really did, something is just different now.

God bless and everyone, and have a great Turkey day, whatever the day holds for you. No plans at all here.

Love

Kim

Kim,

I'm so happy for you that things are turning out so well. Going back to school can be rough sometimes - getting used to all the reading, studying, schedules - but I hope it opens up new worlds for you and IN you! :wink:

Hearing the onc say "keep doing what you're doing" and "you look better than I've seen you" is so good. Almost more of a relief that just hearing about scans and tests. Sounds like you and your mom are both finding inner strength and confidence you didn't know you had. Happy for you both!

Leslie

You know Kim how much I have been thinking of you and wondering how you were doing. You have had a difficult role, to say the least. I applaud what you have accomplished so far. It sounds like you made some headway with your Mom.

School sounds wonderful for you. Set your sights on your dreams. They are attainable at any age. Go forward and do not give up! I believe in you!

love, Cindi o'h

Hi Kim

Way to go!! Great news on your mom and you making a decision for KIM time to go back to school.

I am so glad that you mom is more accepting of her good days and bad days and knows not to dwell so much on the bad as she did before. You are actully able to talk to her about your feelings that you kept bottled up inside. That is great progress.

Take care, keep us posted. You are very special here. Good luck in school.

Maryanne :wink:

I am so glad your life seems to be settling down a bit. I think going back to school is just what you need right now. This will definitely give you something else to occupy your mind. I am so glad your mom seems to be making some progress! I think of both you and your mom often and still say prayers!

You guy s are the best!!! Always a kind word and nice things to nice. All the posts really made my morning and as always brought the tears to my eyes. I cannot imagine this last 18 months without ayone of you! Thaks for ALWAYS being there, thru good, bad and ugly!!

Going to take Mom this morning for a mammogram or as she says to have her t*ts squished to a pancake. And then I get to go tomorrow, and dont ask why they could not do us both on the same day, remember we are dealing with doctors here!!

Happy Thanksgiving and everyone who needs too gain a few pounds,eat eat and then eat some more, and those who dont, well dont worry about it, eat and enjoy!!

Love

Kim

I think it's terrific that you're going back to school...hooray for you!

It sounds like your mom is doing *ok* and it's a good thing that she is beginning to accept that each day may hold something different in terms of how she feels. Whew...I so admire everyone that is dealing with this ugly disease.

We are awaiting the results of my mom's latest scan and should hear sometime today...fingers crossed!

A blessed Thanksgiving to you and your family

Love, Libby

I am SOOOOO PROUD of you for going back to school!!! YAY!!!! HOOORAY!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!! ATTA GIRL!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

I am a GED Examiner and on the executive board of out local literacy volunteers and if there is one thing that can make me cheer (other than the obliteration of cancer) it is continuing education!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cheryl