Had a rough weekend

TAnn

Friday, I was feeling some pain in my right side just below my rib cage. By 4:00am Saturday morning, I could not roll over in bed, much less get myself out, so off to the ER we went.

I was having horrible pain so they took blood and x-rays of my chest and abdomen. The x-rays came back "normal", but it felt like I had an exploding football in my abdomen.

My blood work came back and my liver values were off the charts. They said the pain was definately in my liver and the liver was having trouble because of the chemo. They send me home with morphine for the pain. I took 1 30mg pill of the morphine Saturday night and slept pretty well. Sunday morning I woke up feeling horrible and ended up vomiting all day, apparently from the morphine. (I told that doctor that I can't take those hard drugs!)

Today I'm feeling a little better. The pain is better and I can move around almost like normal. This last Alimta treatment has really done a number on me. I'm thinking I'll ask my doctor for a break on my next appointment. Don't think my body can handle much more of this......

TAnn

Come on, TAnn, you can fight this. I know it was horrible to be in such pain. You'll get through this. I am praying for you.

Oh Please Help our dear friend tAnn. Her liver is tired but she's got lotsa fight left. Please give her a break on the pain and the puking. I pray her hubs brings her a smoothy made from the yummiest protein powder once her gut is finished with spasms. I hope her body accepts this nourishment and once she feels better her little fingers get to typing to tell us all she is feeling better and it was only the mean aches and pains talking.

I know the alimta is is working hard to defeat all the cancer in her body. Please work a little more gently on our weary friend. Thanks so much.....

Eppie

My start on morphine sulfate was rough - but now I swear by it. I take 30 mg 2x daily. I also have some quick release that I can use if I need it - but so far I haven't had to use. I also tried an alternative with the idea of staying off the opiate - but the side effects were awful and the pain relief was not near as good.

Mary

(((TAnn))),

Bless you, dear girl!!!! If anyone needs to catch a break...it is you! Gosh, I hope you continue to improve and feel so much better soon.

How many more treatments??? Hope you can take a breather and then get back to business and be done with it!!!!

Kasey

TAnn,

It seems so unfair the things we have to do to fight this disease often cause such pain and hardship. I am so sorry. Really.

Take a break. Build yourself back up and fight again. Remember that old saying "He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day!" Don't let the treatments grind you down.

Feel better soon, friend.

Leslie

TAnn: I hope you can get past this quickly and start to feel good again. When I was doing chemo, I took milk thistle which is supposed to help the liver. I told my onc about it and he did not seem to mind one way or the other. You might as well ask about and maybe try it. I still take it.

Don M

Tann,

It sounds like you had a hellofa weekend. It sounds to me like you need a break and maybe an abdominal scan. I wonder how much of this is treatment. I know the alimta is pretty rough on some people.

You have had more than your share of hard times lately. You are also one heck of a warrior. I think you need a rest for your body to get over all of the shock it has had over the last few months. I think you are one tough lady and one of the sweetest around. Take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing. OK?

Nina

Thinking or you Tann and hope you are feeling better today.

You definetly can use a break. Hopefully, until after the holdays. I would want you to feel good and enjoy them. You deserve it.

See what the doc says. It will also give you liver a much needed break.

Sending you some healing prayers,

Maryanne