My dad earned his wings

Suzie Q

My dad did not have lung cancer. He had melanoma. But my mom has lung ca, so I hope you don't mind my post here.

My dad valiantly battled the BEAST. He won eternal life this past Sunday.

Mr. James Hansknecht, age 65, went to be with his Lord, January 15, 2006 after a courageous fight with Melanoma. His father, Leo and sister-in-law Pamela preceded him into eternal life. His memory will be kept by his wife of 41 years, Barbara, children: Kenneth (Robin), Stephen (Terri), Karen (Steven, and Matthew (Lisa); nine grandchildren, his mother, Wanda; brothers John (Renae) and Michael and nieces Rechelle and Tonya. The family would like to thank Dr. Enrico Sobong, Dr. Timothy Fitzgerald, the nurses and staff at the Lacks Cancer Center, and the nurses and staff from Hospice of Michigan as well as caregiver Cathy Yanke for their care and compassion in helping Jim battle the beast. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday at 11 a.m. at St. Jude’s Church, 1120 Four Mile NE with Rev. Michael Danner celebrant.

I will love you forever and always, Dad!

Thank you all for your condolences. Bless my mom's heart, she was his main caregiver, even with her own illness. She said an angel appeared every day to help in some way, in the form of one person or another. She never knew who it would be, but there would always be someone!

And Ginny, actually my mom nicknamed me Suzie Q. Dad always called me "Snail" because I took forever to get ready and was ALWAYS the last one in the car!

Thanks again to you all.