Apple Cider Vinegar promotes weight loss

shelliemacs

I was not sure where to post this.

I just came back from the chiropractor. He is trying to help cure some things I have going on.

anyhoo. long story short he starts talking about natural or organic remidies for different things.

He goes on and on about how taking two teaspoons of Apple cider Vinegar. ( the pure kind found in green grocers thats cloudy, brown and has spiderwebby looking fibers in it) is almost the best possible thing one can drink.

It helps/cures a whole list of things, namely weight loss when taken 3 times daily before meals.

its helps with a whole bunch of other things like headaches, bodyaches, lubricating joints, sinus problems, sore throats, digestion problems, dry skin, oily skin, the list goes on and on.

just thought someone else might want to try this too.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelly....Thanks for reminding me of this. I had a friend that lost a ton of weight using this method a few years ago. I do remember having a book about all the things that this is good for. Like you said, it has to be the apple cider vinegar from a health food store rather than the distilled grocery variety.

Ok well me and 4 other girls where I work just took our first shot of this stuff. WOW its like licking the bottom of a salad bowl where someone had only vinegar as a salad dressing.

I think its burning a hole in my lower intestine right now. maybe the food just falls out of the burning gaping hole that is going to form in my stomach.

this stuff is gross.

Shelly...Your tummy should learn to tolerate this stuff. Granted, it's pretty nasty tasting. My friend used to mix it with grape juice but I just thought that was a bigger quantity of foul stuff to drink so I just took mine straight.

Is the name of your juice Brackens or Bracketts????

There is a whole book on the benefits of apple cider vinegar--I read it years ago. It seems like you can dilute it with a little water if I remember correctly. Good luck and let us know if you lose any weight.

Yep...that's the one I know about. The company has been around for years. The guy (Bragg) wrote a book about everything this apple cider can do for you. It's truly amazing...if it all works. Well, someone must have thought it worked wonders for it to have been around all this time. Oh...the "yucky" looking stuff was called "mother" by the folks years ago.

Isn't that interesting????

Do you think Arby's "Martha Vineyard Salad" with Rasberry Vinegaret dressing would do the same thing? It has apples in it.

I just love it!

Donna G

I knew this incredibly old woman when I was a teenager (she must have been at least 59 or even 60!!)and she spent all her holidays on the Mediterranean. Her favorite places were Ibiza and Majorica before most of us had heard of them.

She always took a bottle of apple cider vinegar with her as she said she used it to soothe any sunburn - pre sunscreen days - and if she got an upset stomach from the food or water she drank it and always felt better.

Why do I remember this after about 40 years?

Go figure!

Geri

okay... I'll try it too.

How much of this stuff do you have to take?? I drink the Green Zone (healthy stuff tastes like grass) everyday mixed with water. I can handle that stuff. I tried Aloe Vera juice... OMG that was the worst stuff I have ever tasted. I just couldn't get it down no matter how good it was supposed to be for you.

I'm hoping that I don't need to drink quite as much of this cider or that it has a better taste??

I remember my parents calling that "thing" in the bottle a "mother" too. Wonder where that word came from. I always thought that when it had that in it it was about ready to turn (ferment).

Could you keep us posted on your results?

Tami

Ok, I have adjusted myself to take this stuff straight. Not in any drink. I take the recommended two teaspoons, cringe, then chase it with milk or orange juice or something to kill the taste. Doing it this way actually is better for me. I can get it down and over with in one swallow instead of putting it into a drink and suffering through a few gulps. I am actually adjusting to the taste too. I didn't say liking the taste, just adjusting to it.

I have not lost anything yet and its day 3 but I did do allot of snacking this weekend too.

I dont look at it either so I don't see the "Mother" spider webby stuff. just gulp it, and get er done.

Shelly... Glad your tum-tum has somewhat adjusted to the ACV. It does get easier. You have actually motivated me to give this a try again. I was talking to a lady yesterday that swears by this stuff as a cure-all. She actually started taking it for her osteo-arthritis pains. She swears she would never miss a dose. She lost 35 puonds after she started taking this stuff. Don't be discouraged after three days and do keep us posted!!!

It may be physcho-sematic or mind over matter, and the other woman who is taking with this with me at work said the same thing.

We dont feel as tired. She said she actually stayed up painting her sons bedroom until 12:45 last night and today she doesn't feel the fatigue.

When she said it I also realized I am not as tired. I was able to get home after work yesturday and ran on my treadmill for 45 minutes and although I was winded, I ran rather that walked the majority of the time.

Huh.....not sure if its the ACV or not.

OK, I have been lurking on this thread with interest. I checked out Ann's link and it says about taking the stuff with honey -- the honey is supposed to have a complimentary effect??

Gonna' see whether our local health food store has this as soon as I can.

Linda

Linda,

the guy who runs our health food store told me of the honey as well and its written on the bottle too. I guess the honey helps with lubricating joints and muscles and is supposed to be beneficial itself. I just don't like honey.

I just got my boss to take her first shot straight too.

Good Morning, All;

One note: chasing the vinegar (acid) with milk may negate the benefits of the acid as milk is on the alkaline side of neutral pH. That's why milk seems to ease acid indigestion.

If you can do it straight with no chasers, probably best. Of course, I've not tried it yet so will probably be looking for anything to chase it with if it tastes that bad.

good tip teacake. I did use milk a few times so I won't do that again.

OK more to add.

My Chiro just told me that in addition to the ACV. (BUT THIS IS EVEN MORE VILE) you can take 1 teaspoon of something called Coconut oil paste with each dose of ACV and it makes the digestive system work even faster. BUT he said he could not even do this because it was like eating a candle and just gross.

Not sure if I am gonna do that then.

then he added taking two teaspoons of just plain old bran every day with 16 ounces of water and after three or four days of possible bloated feeling, ALL WILL PASS freely if you get my hint. just sprinkle it over your first morning food. Once the system is regulated, people have an easier time of loosing weight.

OH OH OH and he said ACV pills don't work like the liquid kind does and it takes about 2 weeks for full effect.

Shelly.... You're just a wealth of ACV information. Thanks for all the tips. Wonder how many of us are going to try this now???

Who's on Shelly's ACV plan????

I'm headed to health food store this evening after work.

Well, I just bought a bottle of this stuff today at a local health food store. It is their "brand" and it does have the mother (wasn't the store I wanted to get to, but at the rate things are going, it will be awhile before I get to the store that has the brand you all are talking about). I'll probably start tomorrow and I just plan on holding my breath while dosing after what you all have said so far!

Asked my chiropractor about this today, and he really didn't have any constructive commentary on it -- he's heard of it, but doesn't think it has any real benefit. I'll just have to find out -- wouldn't be the first time I "find" something out there that works and he ends up using it on some of his other patients!!!

Linda :o (the expression I figure I'll have after dose #1)