Dad Passed

Guest LittleBlueWorld

Guest LittleBlueWorld

Hi,

My dad passed this morning at 1am. He developed pneumonia and had complications. This was quite sudden, but my family and I believe it was for the best. It was peaceful and he had his family at his side.

Thank you all for your kind words - my stay was short here, but you all made a difference. Good luck to all.

Amy

Amy,

I am so sorry to hear about the sudden loss of your father. We lost my father-in-law just 2 1/2 weeks ago. He, too, was surrounded by loved ones at the time and although it was a strangely quick change from where he had been in the battle just 2 weeks prior to that, we did feel it was good to know he wasn't in any pain and wasn't having to battle cancer anymore. In a way though, we still are at battle with it and need to sometimes get help dealing with the stress and pain it has brought into our lives, you know.

What I want to tell you is pretty much the same as what Cindy said. Stick around and use this board to vent or just express some feelings about it all. Be there for your family and let them be there for you as well. Grieving is not a one day or one week thing while you wait for a memorial service to be held. The love for our lost one is never gone, and therefore we grieve off and on at sometimes the oddest moments.

The important thing is to allow yourself to grieve. You will be in a surreal world for about a week or two, and then it may hit like a ton of bricks. You will make it through that moment and many more though. I don't think anyone should ever say you will get over it, it is more a matter of getting through it because it's not like our feelings just go away.

A nice saying my mother-in-law had put on the memorial cards at the service said:

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, but LOVE leaves a memory no one can steal."

No one can touch those memories. Cherish them and talk of them when the time is right. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers, Amy.

God bless~

Karen

Grieving is not a one day or one week thing while you wait for a memorial service to be held.

This is so true! I didn't feel like myself again for about a year after my wonderful Dad died. And even now, 5 years later, of course, life is different. So many times I want to talk to him, about baseball, or my life, or his life.....or whatever. Although the loss never ends, the memories don't either, and that is the blessing.

So hang around for a while - many of us have been there, in one way or another.

My wishes for peace to you and those you love, Teresa