Keith, Carleen, you are in my prayers

Patkid

Thank you, boy I'm overwhelmed by all the love and caring.

I'm sorry I haven't been in to update anyone since Keith's surgery. Basically since the day after the surgery I haven't had a free second to even think. They released Keith home the day after surgery, even though they didn't have his pain under control. They wrote him a perscription for Oxycodone, which is silly since he already had those on hand for his normal every day pains. It was so hard seeing him suffering in excrutiating pain. For the first 3 days, he couldn't eat, sleep, move or even breathe. He was panting from the pain as if he was doing La Maz breathing exercises for labor pains. He was exhausted but couldn't get any rest because there was no comfortable postion or break from pain regardless of how many pills he took. Those first few days he was taking about 6 oxycodone pills on top of his methadone pills every hour.

He first started feeling a little better on Friday evening Saturday morning and actually got some sleep.

He still couldn't move around but at least he could find some comfort for brief moments while still. By yesterday he actually got up and was moving about. It was a big relief to me.

Basically I've been working full time, coming home and having to care for Keith and catch him up on all the things he needed but had to wait for me to come home. Plus I've had a few family members come by to help get our home ready to sell so I had to direct people and help them get all the things they needed as well as participate in projects. I'm lucky if I've gotten to collapse in bed by 12 and wake up exhausted at 6. Hopefully things will mellow out now that Keith is able to get up and about on his own.

Thank you so much for all the prayers. I know they have helped him find this pain relief and will be leading him to healing.

I can never express enough how much you all mean to me. My heart is overflowing and I am proud to call you my friends and my family.

Oh Carleen -

I am so glad you took a moment to update us all! I know how awful it is to see your loved one in such pain. I am glad to hear that Keith seems to be doing better now.

Your schedule sounds brutal and I remember my days caring for my husband were definitely not for the weak! I will continue to send positive thoughts your way for continued strength and ever decreasing pain for Keith.

You are such an awesome woman.

With admiration and a gentle hug,

Pam in FL

Carleen, it's so good to hear from you. Thank you for your update, I was so concerned and thought of you and Keith a lot this past week. I don't know how you keep up with all you have to do, God has blessed you with strength and perseverance that's for sure. It's so good to hear that Keith's pain is lessening. Prayers to him for a speedy recovery from this surgery.

Lynda

Carleen and Keith,

I want you to know that I am thinking about you and you have my prayers. I hope Keith will continue to improve. Reading about all he has been through breaks my heart for both of you. Take care and know that there are more people than you know out here praying for you.

Love,

Sue