I'm new here.

meg06

Hi, I'm new here. I lost my mom to lung cancer 3 months ago. She battled for about a year, but in the end, it was time for her to be with my dad in heaven. He died of a different cancer 9 years ago next week.

I'm not quite 40 yet, and I've already lost both my parents. My heart is forever broken.

Hi Meg!

I'm sending you a great big hug!

I'm So sorry for your losses, it's just not fair to have lost both parents at such a young age. I would give anything to take cancer out back and kick the living S**T out of it !! It makes me so god damn mad!!

Stay strong. You have found a wonderful place for kindness and support here. These great folks have helped me so much in dealing with my dads new diagnosis - I would not be nearly as together as I am without this place. Welcome!

My warmest regards and best wishes to you,

-Rod

Meg, so very sorry to hear that you have lost both your parents. This is a great group that can offer you lots of hugs and support. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Meg06:

I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. You've come to a great site full of warm and supportive folks.

I'm 45 and recently lost both of my parents as well. Mom to LC almost a month ago and dad to brain cancer in April 2005. You'll find folks here who really can relate to what you are going through and can listen really, really well. Just let us know what we can do to support you.

Warm hugs,

Linda

I hear you! My mom's been gone for 13 years, my last Grandparent just passed away 5 years ago. Now my Dad ..... the last of all the people I can remember caulking my head back to look at because they were gigantic to me. I'm 35 and feel like I'm 5 wondering which one of them will find me sitting in the corner by myself.

We are still kids after all these years ..... but it's that feeling that will never go away that is strangly comforting. Because as soon as I feel that way...I feel the same way I did when I remember a time one of them did find me. That feeling doesn't go away either ........ and strangly I feel whole again.

I don't know if that helps, but it helps me writing it down and knowing I'm not the only one.

Tammy

• 1 month later...

I am so sorry. My condolences goes out to you. I know how it feels to lose both parents. There is a void in your heart that could never be filled.

Keep those wonderful memories of them alive in your heart and they will always live on in you.

Peace be with you.

Maryanne :wink: