A Monster Breather

ztweb

Hello to my LCSC family. I have been rather distant lately, as it seems that the rollercoaster had gotten to me. I have been online alot though and still posting to others when I can.

This weekend I was brought to tears a number of times. My dad is DONE! DONE! DONE! with PCI brain radiation, and he came home for the first time in a month. We are so, so blessed to have him home with remission, and they were just so happy to be home.

I painted a sheet with the words, "WELCOME HOME REMISSION MAN!" and put it across the front of their house. Everyone in the area signed it, and it was a wonderful welcome! When they pulled up they were crying, and feeling so, so blessed to be home. We all shed tears, tried on his "mask," and there were hugs, kisses, and thanks to God all around.

Every one of you has been on this cancer rollercoaster, and because of that you are a stronger person, whether we believe that or not! I don't bless this on anyone, but I thank each and every one of you for all you have done for us. We have learned to much, and we are truly part of a new "family" here online.

I ask for continued prayers, as of course, we never do get to take off the seat belts, and climb out of this rollercoaster. You can of course continue counting on my prayers.

Love and Blessings,

Jen

Great news Jen. I am sure that most of us have grown stronger spiritually and emotionally in the aftermath of our cancer, but if I knew what it would take to get here, I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Your family has my continued prayers.

Don M

Jen,

What a nice post. I wish you and your family all the best!!

You are right, we do never get to take off those seatbelts. I think my skin is going to start turning green as I am so envious of those not on the ride :) The green-eyed monster does not wish this on anyone, but is jealous of those who can't share our fears if that makes sense.