Mom Diagnosed 03/21/03

Guest CindiS

Guest CindiS

New Here and so Scared!! Mom underwent Chamberlain procedure Friday to diagnose cancer. She's in so much pain. We see the Oncologist Monday to hear treatment options.

Hi Cindi,

It sure seems like the end of the world when you first find out, it is scarey as hell. Please keep us posted and browse through some of the information. Ask any questions you like as I am sure that you are overwhelmed. Hopefully we can help answer some of them and you will find comfort here and support here.

Laurie

Guest CindiS

Thank you all so much. I know that everyone here understands how I feel right now. LOST!! I told a friend yesterday when she asked how we were handling everything. "All I can say is I paid my bills, the rest of my life is a fog right now".

It is so comforting to know that you all are there and have similar experiences.

Cindi

That's an interesting comment, Cindi. I think cancer makes us feel soout of control that we gravitate to things we can control to stay sane -- like paying bills, going to the grocery store, etc. It is a way of coping. I know when I am feeling overwhelmed, I do something I can get a feeling of accomplishment from, even if it is just to straighten up around the house. Hang in there. Blessings. Don

Cindy, at this time you just put one foot in front of the other, and let the rest of the world take care of the other stuff. Expect to move through the grieving process--shock, denial, anger, depression finally acceptance. It is not a quick process, and this is a great place to help yourself through it.

My dad was diagnosed with LC on the 19th of March, 2003. They go in within two weeks to find out if it is NSCLC or SCLC.

I am new here as well. Like you. I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I will keep you and your mom in my prayers. Take care.

• 17 years later...
7 hours ago, Qing said:

I’m here for you too. My mother is lung cancer patient, pending surgery.

Hi, Quing,

It's great to jump in and offer support to others. I'd suggest, though, that you focus your responses on more recent posts--this one is from 2003, and I don't believe the guest poster ever posted again. We get new people in all the time, though, and you might want to especially check out the caregivers' forum, located here: https://forums.lungevity.org/forum/9-caregiver-resource-center/.

It takes a bit of poking around to get familiar with all the info and resources here on the Lungevity forums, but there's a wealth of knowledge, experience, and support to be had--don't hesitate to ask us anything! Most of the time, one or more of us has been through something similar to just about every situation.