Heavy Sigh

My Karen is due to have a PET on Weds and an MRI and chest CT on Thurs to see where everything is at. We are so stressed out. And more than a little scared. Test time is always frightening for us. It always good news / bad news. With the bad news more intense than the good news is relieving.

Anyway - yesterday her breathing started to become more labored and her energy level plummeted. She is still eating and drinking, but now she just wants to sleep all day and even carrying on a conversation is taxing. This, after 6 weeks of really doing well and getting around and even exercising. She doesn't want to go to the hospital. And I respect that. I am trying to get her in to see the doc tomorrow.

I hate this! And she cried all day Saturday because she just wants her life back! She just wants to be able to play with the girls and go to the zoo, but just walking to the bathroom is becoming too much and the girls are so scared they hardly interact with her anymore.

Cancer sucks. I want my wife back. I want our life back.

Tanner

I'm sorry Tanner. I hope this is just a temporary set-back. I'm with you and Karen. I want my life back too. Try to get in with the doctor tomorrow, and try to see the positive. If this came on kind of quickly, maybe an infection or something? Good luck and your family is in my prayers.

Raney

Tanner I'm so sorry Karen is feeling so ill & I know how hard it is on you. Sometimes being the caregiver is extremely stressful. We don't/can't complain because we're not the one's with cancer but I believe that when one person in the family gets cancer it affects everyone Prayers coming your way for good test results. Maurice is in the same trial as Karen & he had a ct scan today. He spent all day in bed today after we got home from Orlando this morning. We get the results Thursday so I totally know where you're at. Good Luck & God Bless

wendyr

Tanner,

I can so relate -- I'm so sorry for what you're both going through. I know how stressful and frightening test times are, and when she's feeling so poorly it's all the worse. We've been going through that too. What I have learned here (among other things) is that things can turn around when you least expect them to. I pray that's the case for your wife.

One day at a time...

Hugs,

Tanner,

I am so sorry Karen isn't feeling good. Yes cancer sucks and there is no joy in living with cancer as far as I am concerned, it is a constant battle and roller coaster ride. Take advantage of the time you have together now. I pray for you that things get better and all the best with the scans. Heather

Tanner here are more prayers headed your direction. Hoping to see a post from you after your trip to the doctor. I had a PET today and not results to Friday. The waiting could quite possibly have a lot to do with how your wife is feeling. I vascilate between wanted to drink gallons of wine or take an extra ativan from time to time. I hope all goes well and she feels better soon.

Tanner,

I am so sorry for what you are feeling. I remember feeling that same exact thing and wondering when it would be more normal again. I hope all goes well with the PET and CT. The anticipation of the tests and then having to wait for the results was almost more than we could bare. I would be in knots trying to pre guess the results and be hopeful yet prepared. If you can, just do something nice for yourselves (listen to a favorite song or snuggle or take a bath)...something simple that you both love and enjoy and take a lot of deep breaths. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

Flowergirlie

Got home from the doc. They moved up her brain MRI to tomorrow after the PET. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her - other than the cancer part you know. I think they are worried about more brain mets. I don't know. Wish I had a nanny for the kids so I could be there with Karen while she was testing. Wish I had the money so I could pay for a nanny to be with the kids! Thanks again ya'll. We'll get the results on Thurs afternoon. Fingers crossed.

Tanner

Can you take the girls with you to be with Karen during the tests? Do you have anyone you know who can take the girls so you can be there? Just some thoughts. I know how good it feels to be able to be there for the tests as a support and also for Karen to know you are there.

Otherwise I wish I could be there to help you out. The kids are so wonderful in our lives so I know how hard it is to keep the fine balance.

Sending all of you warm thoughts and hugs.

Peace...Flowergirlie

Hey Tanner: fingers are crossed, toes too. Maurice has been in the same trial as Karen since the end of Dec & had a ct yesterday. We get our results on thursday so let's hope we all have a good week. Good Luck & God Bless

wendyr