LC has taken my mom and now its after my dad

Hi everyone. I really wish that I had had this support when I was going through losing my mother to cancer almost three years ago. I felt very alone. I was only 27, had just had my first baby, and was without my mother. It's so amazing that something like this exists. I am now going through this all over again with my father. He is Stage IV NSCLC with mets to his skin, bladder and abdomen. He lives over 500 miles away and it's so hard not being with him every day. He is such a fighter, but I think he is ready to be with my mom again. There is this something different in his voice lately. Not defeat...just fatigue. He was in the hospital for the last 2 weeks and a doctor acutally told him that he was dying from cancer and needed hospice. Why don't they make every doctor take a course in bed-side manner? Thanks for letting me vent. All of you and your loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hello and welcome

I am so very sorry about your Mom and more sorry you are having to go through this nightmare again.

Please let us know how we can help and know that we will do all that we can to be here for you.

Sending many prayers for you, your Dad and your family,

Christine

Welcome to this wonderful place...but so sorry you've had to find it. :cry:

I lost my father to lung/kidney (not sure which was primary...we assume it was the kidney) a few years ago...then Mom's diagnosis came in 2005. I'm so sorry that LC has touched your family yet again.

Much love and many prayers for you and your dad.

Hello and welcome. I'm so sorry that you have been touched by LC yet again so soon after the death of your mother. You've found the right place for information and support. Many people here have survived IIIB as you'll learn from their profiles. Let us know how we can help you. Good Luck & God Bless

wendyr

christine and lori are right this is a nighmare. I wish there were a way to wake you up from it. I am glad you have found this place as it has been a great source of comfort for me and I hope it will be for you as well. No one should ever have to deal with this monster, not even once. Feel free to vent all you want.

I am so very sorry you're facing this beast again. Both of my parents died of lung cancer: my father in 1999 and my mom last year. And, I gave birth to my son three weeks after my mom died.

I wish with all my heart that none of this was happening to you. It's especially hard I think, to fight this beast when you've seen how it affected another family member. You and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers, and remember we are always here for you, whatever your needs may be.

It's terrible you've had two parents suffer this awful illness, and at such young ages. At least it sounds like you have a great faith base to draw from, and I think alot of the wonderful people on this board can help, too. Keep us updated on here ... and like all children of LC sufferers, make sure YOU are constantly screened.