What would you do to cancer?

Calintay

Since the recent news that my moms cancer has returned I have been finding myself angry, angry at the cancer, questioning my faith, etc.

So by asking this question I am hoping I can read it, relate to it, get mad at it, than try to get over my angry(ness) :evil:

So the question I want to ask is what would you do to cancer?

I would love to throw cancer in a fire so it can never come back. I would love to stomp on it and ruin it as it has ruined so many families. I would love to use it as a place to practice my kick boxing, I would like to literally beat the sh** out of it. There are so many things I would LOVE to do to it. I think what may make me so angry is I can do NONE of it. Thanks for listening to me ramble and please give me the satisfaction and let me know what you would do to cancer.

Heidi

All of the above.....and nuke it out of existance.

I'm becoming bitter about cancer too. I HATE it, and I hate what it has done to my husband, myself, and our 14 year old son, so I understand your anger.

I wouldn't wish this on my very worst enemy.

I would cure it, so noone needs to worry about it anymore... Failing that, I would smack it flat with my heaviest cast-iron pan, just to get back at it for taking David's apetite away... and then I would hang it by the toes and start taking little pieces off it with a nail clipper, just to get back at it for all the pain it caused to my husband...and then.. well.. you guys get the picture...

What a great post! Everyone has such great ideas. I think I would put it in a pot of boiling water and boil it to death. (My kids have been into the Three Little Pigs story and this reminds me of the wolf going down the chimney into the pot of boiling water.)

First I'd hit it with a spiked bat a few times. Then I'd tie the tumor up to four horses, drawn and quartered, old school. Then I'd spear what was left, light it on fire. I would then kill off any remaining cells with bleach, one by one, with something like Wagner playing loudly in the background.

Throw it down the mouth of a live and active volcano, and hurl obscenitites at it as it fell helplessly to its demise. I hate cancer for taking my grandfather, my cousin, my mother, and currently threatening my friend. Most of all I hate it for teaching my children way too early how cruel life can be.

My daughter's anger at cancer right now is overwhemling her. Maybe we should have a bonfire in the backyard--have them write about cancer and burn the bleepin' thing to pieces.

*ah* I feel a little better for having written that.

:) Kelly

This is so weird -- Tony and I were just having this discussion the other day. Okay, it was really a monologue!

I asked him, "Don't you just want to reach into your chest and tear that cancer out with your bare hands????".

He, being much calmer than I, said, "No, not really."

So there you have it. I'm a savage. :wink:

Welthy

I would remark to the cancer, "stupid cancer" and then proceed to consume it with my body the way it has consumed me. I would consume it utterly.

I like Aaron's touch about having Wagner in the back ground. Maybe Brunhilde could sweep in whooping in her Wagnerian way and magically cut out the cancer without hurting me a bit. Then she could roast it using her spear as a shis kabob and eat it with a tankard of meade. Burp.

Don m

"Welthy"]

I asked him, "Don't you just want to reach into your chest and tear that cancer out with your bare hands????".

That's funny - my husband remembers that video game, we don't remember what it's called, where the one guy reaches into the chest of the other guy and pulls out the heart looking thing. He wants to do that to my cancer.

"raneyf"]

That's funny - my husband remembers that video game, we don't remember what it's called, where the one guy reaches into the chest of the other guy and pulls out the heart looking thing. He wants to do that to my cancer.

LOL -- Maybe I was subconsciously thinking of that game. Nice to know I'm not the only savage around here! 8)

Welthy

Today is my 4th Fathers Day without my beautiful Daddy. I am still angry at the beast called cancer. I would douse it with gasoline and burn it and then do it again and again and again and again, and then I would stomp all over the ashes and scream at the top of my lungs "DIE Cancer! Burn in He** where you belong!!". I hate you!