Just found this site

Dave C

New to this board, new to all of this so i have a lot of q's.

ABOUT ME: Nothin' special,66 yr. old male,quit smoking 11 yrs. ago,DX'd with Adenocarcinoma R lung 7-15-07.

CHEMO started 7-25-07, Carboplatin,Taxol,Avastin,1X a week,for 3 weeks, then 13 days off.

Spirts are good, i'm livin' with cancer, not dyin' from it. :wink:

Retired Police Officer :shock:

PASSIONS..........Wife Betty :lol: , travelling in our 26' motorhome,this has been put on hold pretty much 'til after chemo treatments, travelling on our GoldWing motorcycle,which we still do,tho mostly daytrips/weekends now. 8)

Thank y'all,& Happy Trails.............

Dave C

Stafford,Va

Hi, Dave, 43 years for me. Actually, I think there's a good chance something besides smoking caused my LC, which is the same type as yours and also on the right side. You're starting on the same chemo combination that I had. Mine was once every 3 weeks, and I'm still on the same schedule, except since February it's been Avastin only.

If you'll put your diagnosis/treatment/test results info in a profile at the bottom of your messages, you can save yourself a lot of repetitive typing. Click "My Profile" at the top, scroll down to "Signature," enter/update your information, scroll further down to ensure "Always attach my signature" is marked "Yes," then click "Submit" at the very bottom.

Aloha,

Ned

Hi Dave. My Dad was a Boston Police officer.

Welcome. I started with chemo and radiation and then was able to have surgery (then more chemo) and I soon will be celebrating 10 yrs since diagnosis and no evidence of disease ( our friend and buddy NED)

Keep us posted.

Donna G

Hi Dave, just want to welcome you here.

You may want to post a profile to appear on the bottom of your post so we will remember what kind of treatments you are having etc.

All you have to do is click on my profile on the top of this page and fill it in on the bottom.

Good luck, Keep a positive attitude and also keep us

posted. We are here for you 24/7.

Maryanne :wink: