Getting to Know You - November 12

Ann

I am really trying to eating more healthfully. I am a total carb addict. I could eat Penne Bolegnese 3 meals a day.

So, only because I know I should:

Kashi cereal with a banana for breakfast or heart healthy oatmeal.

Changed to dark chocolate and red wine because of the flavinoids (sp)? lol.

Steel cut oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast with light soy milk everyday.

An apple everyday.

V-8 low sodium 8 oz everyday cause I never eat enough veggies.

12 raw almonds everyday.

6 oz pomegranate juice everyday.

Why do I eat this? I don't know except that Dr. Oz says these things are good for me. lol

Do you think that the pomegranate MARTINI I had last night counts!?!?! :D

Teresa

Does juicing count? If so, I take a daily 5 powder with apples, broccoli, spinach, wheat grass powder, oat grass powder, barley grass powder, blueberries, spinach, carrots, strawberries and a few other anitoxidant veggies and fruits.

Sense I have started seriously dieting and exercising I have changed a lot of things. Eating salad and fruit is something I have always enjoyed. The one thing I never would eat was yogart. I remember trying it as a child and it just tasted terrible.

Because of my diet and the affect of healthy foods on the digestive system(they send mine into protest) I decided to try the Activia yogart for my digestive system. I can't believe how good it is. I love the taste and have to watch myself that I don't eat too much.

It started out for my health but ended with my eating it for pleasure.

The one thing that pops to mind right now is soy nuts. I had blood work two weeks ago and found my cholesterol is very high. I have been drastically altering my diet. The doctor said just about anything soy will help, so Dick picked me up a big bag of soy nuts. They are awful....no taste...like eating wood chips...lol! The doc started me on Zetia for the cholesterol. Anyone ever used this drug? It works to block cholesterol in the stomach.

Ann, let me know if they find a drug that blocks fat in the stomach...That's what I need. Healthy eating is not one of my strong points. Unless you consider my previously mentioned favorite meal of steak, cooked medium, with a side of steak, and for desert I think I'll have the steak as healthy.

I try though, it's just tough. I try to pay attention to what I eat, mainly because, family history on my dad's side leads me to believe that they will have to eventually cut a hole in my house to get me out.

In fact tomorrow, I'm going back on Nutri-system. That actually worked well the last time I did it, although, if you see their food, I'm not sure that's healthy either.

Ummm... No, unless you count the occasional V-8 that my conscience makes me drink.

I'm down with JB's diet and never thought of steak for dessert. I'll have to remember that! My girlfriend and I do have appetizers before breakfast though -- biscuits and gravy -- soooo healthy! When you look up obese Americans with all the associated health problems in the encyclopedia, it shows my picture. :?

Hey Shelley -- it IS Diet-Coke after all! :wink:

Welthy

Yeah I make my bologna sandwiches with Double fibre bread.. Does that count for something?? Oh Yeah, it makes up for my Dibs Ice cream before bed!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: