Remembering Frank Lamb

Maryanne

Many many of our members have passed on and there is a big void here this season.

Today for some reason Frank Lamb has been on my mind.

I pray his family is coping and I know they are keeping his wonderful memory alive as he was full of life even when he posted about his deterioration during his last week on earth. He was one of the bravest people I know.

Heaven had received a beautiful soul, and I know how sadly he is missed here.

I will go to Kasey's Pub the this weekend and have a bud light and a chocolate donate in his memory.

Miss you buddy,

Maryanne

Ironically I, too, was thinking of Frank today. In fact I had just written a card to Connie before I read this thread. Last Christmas Eve Frank contacted me with holiday greetings for Fred and me and Teddy and wanted to check on Fred's prostate cancer. Wasn't that just so 'Frank'? Chocolate doughnuts and Bud lites for all at the Pub on the house. Miss you, Frank :cry: !

Kasey

I got an e-mail from Connie when John passed away and she said she was sorry to hear of his passing. She does check here once in awhile so maybe she will let us know how she is doing. I sent her the link to Katie's photo montage because there was a picture of Connie and Frank in it. He was a cool guy. Pass me a Bud, hold the donut. Here's to ya Frank.

Rochelle

Yes, I miss Frank and think of him almost every time I log in here. He always had such a great attitude and even in his worst days, still had the ability to make the rest of us smile.

I've also been thinking a lot of Dean Carl.

I hope the two of them have met!!!

You know when we join this group it doesn't take long to learn that everyone here will impact our own lives in some way. Still there are those who just seem to stand out. Frank was one of those people along with Dean Carl and Tbone and David A. I'm not trying to slight anyone else or make less of them but for some reason those 4 people seem to have imprinted in my mind the most of the ones we have lost.

Now if this was about the survivers or caregivers who have imprinted in my mind and heart it would take pages to list them.

So for now I will join you at the pub to raise a toast to Frank as I head out of town Sunday. I just as soon have a cold one and a donut too my diet is blown to H%&*% anyway.

I'll never forget Frank and all that he gave of himself to us. I'll especially remember the times he wrote personal pm's to me to share with Mike. He wanted to encourage him to not give up. He told of the times that his doctors gave up on him and they were wrong. Frank was one in a million and a wonderful friend .

Sue

I just logged on quickly before heading off to bed, and saw Maryanne's post.

I thought of Frank Lamb today. Specifically, how he always said that his goal was to live to be 100 years old. And he didn't base his goal on medical tests.

Cheers to Frank and love and blessings to his family.

Frank was my cheerleader and I miss him. Everything I said or did, he was behind me, cheering me on so many times. A few days before he died he answered some whiny post I had, this man who couldn't even type for more than a few keystrokes because his time was near, took the time to say that he had my back and that everything would be okay. He was genuine and self-less and one of the last of my heroes.

I think of him often and hope that Connie is doing okay.