I'm new

Arnie

Hello to everyone here. My name is Bob Arnold, I go by Arnie. I am a lung cancer survivor. I had my right upper lobe removed in Aug. of 2004. I was lucky

because my loving wife is a RN and took me to the hospital for an x-ray after complaining for a couple days. I thought I had pulled a muscle somehow in my upper chest. I went to the hospital and had several tests done, one which was a chest X-ray. That showed

a mass in my right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor

then ordered a CAT scan of my chest which also showed a mass. My next test was CT needle guided biospy of the mass which came back inconclusive,from

the biopsy my lung collasped and I had to be admitted to the hospital and have a chest tube inserted to reinflate my lung,which was no fun at all!! Then it was off to have a brochoscopy which also came back inconclusive. Next was the PET scan, which all the radioactive isotopes went right to that

mass in the right upper lobe. 2 days later I was at

the cardiovascular institute, talking with the vascular surgeon who was going to remove my right upper lobe of my lung in one week. I had my lobectomy

done, they biospied lymph nodes. My diagonsis was adniocarcinoma of the lung with no lymph involvement.

Today after 4 years I am still cancer free. I still have pain in that area where they did surgery. All this started for me at the age of 50, which now I am 54.

Hi, Arnie -- congratulations to you, and to your RN wife! It would be great if you'd convert your success story into a profile that will automatically attach to your messages, then help us greet some of the newly diagnosed people who join us here every week. Here's how:

Click on My Profile above, scroll down to the Signature block, enter/update your information, scroll down further, ensure Always attach my signature is marked Yes, and click Submit at the very bottom. From now on, your profile will attach to every message you send. Aloha,

Ned