Don's youngest daughter

Don M

Hi all. I see that my mom, sister, and sister in law...and perhaps a few others have posted things about my dad, Don M, who passed away last January.

Apparently I have created my own account, but I can't, for the life of me, remember my username, nor my password, so I hope it's okay that I'm using my dad's account.

I really felt the need to post on here today---September 3rd, because today my Dad would have been 65 years old.

My name is Sarah, and I am the youngest daughter of Don. It brings me great joy to read how much everyone loved my Dad on this site. I know it certainly helped my father through his journey with lung cancer...and as I've learned, he helped many of you, too.

Today I am debating whether or not I should go to work. I've already wept sufficiently this morning...and yet, I know my Dad would have told me that I should go to work. I'd much rather stay home and grieve---yet also celebrate my Dad's life. He was a great man and a wonderful father. I'm sure that those of you who knew him would agree. :-)

Oh Sarah, we ALL so loved your dad. I know that I, for one, miss him terribly. He was my friend and hero and alwyas the right thing to say to me.

I cannot even imagine how his loved ones could ever begin to deal with his absence. However, I know he would tell you to GO TO WORK and do it the best you can in his honor. By doing what you do well, you celebrate the father he was.

I wish your whole family well, and please tell them for me that I miss Don often and will remember him always.

Kasey

Hope Ya called in sick today!! We miss Don much here. his wit and wisdom were wonderful to read. It is nice to see the avatar again and Please feel free to stop in any time Ya need a shoulder to cry on. We got lots of them.

I hope the Day passed gently for you today.

Add me to the list of the many who miss your father very much. I credit him for how well my sister is doing, as he was the one who first told me about cyberknife and I think that is why my sister is doing as well as she is!

And I say there is nothing wrong with the cathartic indulging of grief. As long as it doesn't cripple you on a regular basis, sometimes it helps to give in and let it take you for the day. My father died when I was 18, and that was many years ago. And sometimes, I still call off on the anniversary of his death. I think he'd understand.

I'm so sorry you too are mourning the loss of a great father. I hope it helps you to see how many of us are missing him too!

((((Sarah))))

Your dad was such an amazing man. He always knew just the right thing to say to people and his knowledge of lung cancer and treatments was incredible. He will NEVER, EVER be forgotten on this board.

Be gentle on yourself, your dad would have wanted that for you. And remember, he is always there, looking down on you.

Hugs - Patti B.

Sarah, not a day goes by that I don't think about your father when I come onto this site. He was a great friend to many of us and so quick to share his experiences and offer support. I miss him too.

Yesterday was also my birthday and it is truly an honor to share it with your dad. Just from knowing him on here, I'm pretty sure he would understand your grief, especially the first year after your lost him. Next year on September 3, let's come back here and tell stories about him that will make us smile and laugh and remember the all the good things he brought to our lives.

Susan

Sarah,

I didn't know your Dad, but have read some of his posts. I think it's awesome you are using his sign in! I'm sorry but I lost my Mom recently and I say do what you need to do today to feel better. If you'll feel better at work go, if you feel better staying home and thinking about Dad go for it!

Dana

Thanks for all the replies---I ended up going to work, and though it was tough, I made it through. I have four days off now---which will be a good time to relax, have fun, and remember how much of a wonderful man my dad was.

I suppose, however, I might be in my best interest to not go to work on the anniversary of his death...January 5. We'll see...one step at a time. :-)

I am so glad that he was this much of an inspiration to some of you...the fact that he has been such sort of makes it so that he's not really gone.

(((Sarah))),

It's nice to meet you. I would just like to add that I too miss your dad, so very much. He was a wonderful friend to all of us here. He gave so much of himself to all of us. I will never forget what a wonderfully kind and wise man he was. I know these anniversary dates are hard and I'm glad that you came here to be with us. A part of your Dad lives on here in writing and in spirit. We carry his memory in our hearts. I am sure he would be happy to know that you came here to share and visit with us. We hope you will feel free to come here whenever you would like to come.

Hugs,

Sue

Dearest Sarah,

First of all, sorry I found this post so late, but I am so glad you posted. Yes, your dad was definetely one of the people on here who will always be rememembered. He was always here for us and has help me persoanlly and so many others through all our endeavors we had to endure be it the victim or care giver of this monster. The whole time he never complained about himself. There were times we had no idea what he was going through as he kept it too himself.

Today is the 7th and since I missed the anniversary of his passing I will light a candle expecially for him today.

If it was not for you dad I would not have known cyberknife exsisted. Because of his knowlege my husband was able to have it done and has been LC free for close to a year. We will find out next week if he is still clean.

I could only imagine the grief your family is going through as he was really a very specail soul. Heaven received a wonderful gift and so lucky to have him. I know how much he loved his family and grandchildren and how hard he faught this dreaded disease to be around his love ones as long as he could.

There is a big void on here without having your dad here. He will always have a special place in my heart and so many people he touch on here. I know he will always live on through the hearts of all his loves ones and through you and his beautiful family his glowing soul will always be glowing and shinning brightly...

I miss him too Sarah.... he investigatged everything and was one of the most knowledgeable people on here.

My heart to yours sweetie,

Maryanne