Scan Time

Jyoung20

I had my 5 year and 6 month scan and I am so happy to report that I am cancer free. WHew!!

5 years and 2 months taking Tarceva.

Keep the faith!!

Hugs to all!!

Jamie

+++originally diagnosed Stage IIIB Locally advanced. no surgery!!

Good Morning Jamie,

Thanks for sharing your good news.Five years plus and still going strong,what a lift you give me and many,many other readers,heres to oodles of more healthy years to come.

God Bless.

Thanks everyone!! You are my continued inspiration and I thank God that I had this place to call home.

and by the way....I am still taking Tarceva... Started Tarceva at the end of the 1st treatment. Taking 100 mg now.

Do you guys know of any 5 year or more survivors? Wondering what is next since I am in uncharted territory..

Peace and love,

Jamie

Love this post Jamie.. Iam so thrilled for you :mrgreen: I have a feeling this will be the result for now on... you do so much for the awareness of LC with your "playing for a cure" we are sooo proud of you for all the accomplismehts you have given Lungetity.

You are definetely a special lady... you shine!!

CONGRATS ON YOUR RESULTS!!!

Maryanne :wink:

That's great, Jamie! I don't know of anyone who's taken Tarceva as long as you. Maybe there are a few, but probably not many. I imagine at some point the docs will start using the "cured" word and want you to stop taking the drug but continue periodic scans. Aloha,

Ned

Hi Jamie,

You are our Tarceva Majorette! Watching to see how far you can march. They are working on drugs to counteract the gene's resistance to Tarceva, should that day come, or I know that some with developed resistance have gone onto Alimta and found it valuable. I'm hoping you just keep on with Tarceva indefinitely.

I'm still amazed that you went back to work - and wish you might discuss this a bit. Clearly, you loved the work and the kids - so that must have played into the decision. I think you said they were willing to accommodate any special needs - have you needed to take advantage of extra time off, rest periods, etc?

You give us so much hope. Peace.

Hi Jamie,

You are our Tarceva Majorette! Watching to see how far you can march. They are working on drugs to counteract the gene's resistance to Tarceva, should that day come, or I know that some with developed resistance have gone onto Alimta and found it valuable. I'm hoping you just keep on with Tarceva indefinitely.

I'm still amazed that you went back to work - and wish you might discuss this a bit. Clearly, you loved the work and the kids - so that must have played into the decision. I think you said they were willing to accommodate any special needs - have you needed to take advantage of extra time off, rest periods, etc?

You give us so much hope. Peace.

Hey ts,

I just completed my first year back as a full time band director. To be honest no accomodations were needed as I was able to deal with all obstacles thrown my way. (no extra time, rest periods, etc. ) Everything worked out great and the year went without a hench.. I am prayin this year will be even better. I am a little concerned about band camp the last 2 weeks of July. It's going to be a scorcher and I do not fare the heat very well.

As far as Tarceva is concerned, I am hoping to march for a long while. It is, however, comforting to know there are other options out there!!!

Thank you so much for you well wishes..

Blessings,

J-me

I have NO idea how I ever missed this, Jamie!!!! You gotta know how over the top thrilled I am about your news. Mega apologies for showing up so late to your party! News like this needs to celebrated over and over again. So I'm off to do just that.

XOXO,

Kasey