General news

David A

HI everyone, Doc put me back on chemo as of 1/09, cat scan showed the tumor in my lung had not progressed, but the there was some concern that cancer maybe be invading my fourth rib, I don't have any pain or discomfort there, and my oncologist isn't convinced it is that as ther has been lots of trauma there with the lobectomy and radiation to that area.

Up to this point in my treatments, I really have never considered a 2nd opinion, something inside me is telling me to maybe seek one now, I see my primary doctor on thursday , think I will discuss it with him.

Thanks for all your support and thoughts friends. DavidA

David,

I'm glad that the tumor has not shown any progression and that the doctor once again has you on a treatment path.

That said, if YOU are feeling that nagging feeling that maybe you need a second opionion, listen to YOUR GUT and go and get one. It doesn't hurt anything and can only make you feel better.

My thoughts are with you David as always....

David, second opinions are always good. I don't understand why not radiation to the 4th rib first? It really amazes me how they don't know? What will it take for them to figure it out? More chemo when they don't know? Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be dolls and they could just take us to a shop, open and fix and send back home....

Yea Dave;

So happy your going back on the chemo.!! :):):) Been worried bout ya a bit!! :?

Think your right on with the second opinion, even if it changes nothing, you still get a degree of comfort that you don't have now!!

know, I'm in your corner, and praying for ya!!

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

David,

The family has covered all grounds here. I just want to say, DITTO to a second opinion. It sure can't hurt and you have NOTHING TO LOSE! But, I am glad to hear your back on chemo too. You may not be happy to hear it, but I just think you will have a little more peice of mind on it, at least for a little bit. Stay strong my dear and like Ry said, What EVER you need, we're here. Hang in there.

((((((((((((((((((DAVID))))))))))))))))))))