Brain met size.I need some encouragement

TBone

Hi everybody,

I was reading my CAT scan results again and I have a brain tumor that is 3 X 4cm.Can anybody top that and how has radiation helped?I made the mistake of searching the net for info and it was awfully depressing.Just had my 3rd zap this morning.I am feeling better since coming back in here.I am not giving up.Ever.But some of the things I read at other places were not encouraging at all.Thank.TBone

T Bone,

First off, don't believe everything you read. Most of the statistics were done 10 or more years ago and things have changed since then! WE are survivors here and the stats don't mean anything!

Radiation can (and WILL) help stop the mets! Prayers and good thoughts coming your way!!

God Bless,

MO

AAACK!!! Do not .. DO NOT get me started on "statistics"!!!! (read my post "rant" on the General forum and you'll see what I mean).

Tbone, get off the "stats" train. Stats are averages of a whole group of people. There are some on the short end of those stats and some on the long end. I firmly believe that the attitude a person decides to take (and remember ... "attitude is a CHOICE") makes a huge difference in what end of the stats line he/she ends up on.

Dean

TBone,

I think one of the most important pieces of advice I could give you or anyone is to stay off the net. It is so depressing, and as MO has already said, much of it is outdated and/or wrong. I started out on the net and stumbled onto this site when in desperation I typed Lung Cancer Survivors into Google. It was my salvation when Hugh was having treatment and even now.

Tbone,

What they are reporting and you are reading are results AT LEAST 5 years out using what was cutting edge 6 or 7 years ago.

We've come a long way,baby!

What you are reading is not relevant, just depressing.

So.. my advice is... don't go there.

Stick with us, and ask for survivor stories instead.

Prepare to be amazed.

Life is what you make it.

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Hey TBONE!!!

Yep, yers is bigger than mine!!!! :shock::shock: I think everybody's kinda got it right, they do alot more these days and watch what ya read.

I had my second treatment today, right behind ya !! I was also told at the onset that if the WBR didn't kill the buggers that we were gonna do other things also. I'm hoping someone opened that door for you, but if they ddin't you may want to ask. Stereotactic Radeosurgery is the other option. It's a high focus radiation surgery that zaps the tumor but is predicated on tumor size and amounts. So praying for shrinkage. There are also other options, such as chemo so hang in there and try not to think too much. I know easier said than done. Enjoy the wekend off!!!

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Thanks everybody.I took a nap.Woke up and realized how stupid I was being by looking at stats.(Old ones at that.)I am me.My God is a great God.I have all of you.And I am going to kick their butts.THis was my first blue day and I am so glad I could wake up from a nap and come find y'all.Have a great weekend.I plan on it.See you all Monday if not sooner.TBone :lol:

They found 3 brain mets on my father at the end of November. One is 1.2cm and other two are smaller. He had WBR and they said if anything is left over they will do stereotactic radiosurgery. Dont worry, there are things that can be done. And let me second what they all said about statistics - DONT READ THEM!!!!!!!! They are outdated and dont take into account all that is new.