What a Milestone!!

Kasey

Hello to all you new folks I don't know and to any of my 'old' friends from years ago. I am moved to share a HUGE milestone I've reached in my life. It was exactly 8 years ago today I was diagnosed with advanced stage lung cancer ~ Pancoast tumor to be exact.

I have posted 'My Story' which chronicles the tenuous journey I began all those years ago. Throughout these years I have met, in person or just in cyberspace, so many LCSC members. Some just don't come here anymore for whatever reason. Others, sad to say, are no longer with us. And some are still around here, though perhaps in the shadows, reading and cheering LCSC members on.

I have experienced 8 springs full of flowers that I was told would not happen. So much has filled my life these 8 'bonus' years that I cannot even begin to be able to share with you all.

But one thing I can never fail to do each anniversary date is to give a great big SHOUT OUT and MEGA THANKS to Miss Katie. Yes, it was Katie's website all those years ago that gave me the info necessary to enable me to be here today. DonnaG's response to me opened up doors that led me to my life-saving surgeon. And mhutch, not sure where she is today, led me by the hand to the most remarkable place on earth ~ to me anyhow ~ my DisneyWorld, Nathional Institutes of Health.

So to those who think a website such as this is perhaps not a big deal. Let me say this ~ BIG DEAL ~ LIFE-SAVING deal.

Thanks to all of you new, old, young, patients, caregivers, supporters. In one way or another you have all been part of this remarkable ride I continue to take.

HOPE always.

Kasey

(((Kasey))), Congratulations on your 8 year milestone and celebration. You joined here the same year I did and what a huge inspiration you have been to my family and others. Not only are you an inspiration, you are a beautiful person inside and out. You've reached out to so many of us in so many ways and I am no exception. I've never met you, but I have talked to you a couple times . I recommend that all newcomers take the time to read your story and your posts because so much of what you have given of yourself is still here to benefit all who look for it. Thank you , Kasey. Love you!

Thanks for the post Kasey! I am so happy you are a member of the Survivor Club! This can be beat. Your story tells others that a second or third opinion is well worth it. We also are so lucky that you found us and continue to support those new members.

Donna G

Hi Kasey,

Eight years! Wow! I am so happy to know that you are doing fine.

What an incredible turnaround from the first prognosis you got and yes, thanks to LCSC for the info that got you there. This board has been a huge help to a lot of us thoughout our travels in the world of lung cancer.

Congratulations on your survivorship and I hope you have many many more healthy years ahead!

Cindy

CONGRATULATIONS BIG TIME KASEY! I am so very very happy for you. I jave joined Team Kasey and I am joyfully and prayerfully following you girl because I want to follow in and enjoy your success!!!

Carol :D:D:D

Congratulations on your 8 year milestone Kasey,sorry about being slightly late in responding,I thought I had,until I scrolled your replies,signs of dymensia?.Well heres to many more years of sharing posts here.