CT/PET scan done

RAY A

I put this post in the good news post but I figured I will put it here because it was results from my tests.

HELLO my brothers and sisters.

Ill keep this short. Last Tuesday I went in for what they call CTPET scan.

It’s a brand new machine that takes a CT scan and then a PET scan. They tell me its more accurate because the CT scan part tells them what organ they are looking at with the PET scan. Now as many of you know, two week ago they found a blood clot and that is doing fine. this Friday was my visit to my onoc to talk about the cancer. As many of you guys know waiting is the worst part.

The doc took my scans and came back in and said I DONT SEE ANY SIGNS OF CANCER ANYWHERE!!!! My wife asked does this mean he’s cancer free? He said that he couldn’t say that because there can always be cancer cells floating around but he would say I was in full remission because there is NED!!! HE said he is still waiting for the report from the radiology dept that took my scans. I guess that’s why I can’t get excited yet. So The doc and I discussed about how we are going to try to keep things the way they are, so he recommended Iressa as a maintenance drug (god Im scared to death) I know this question has been asked a lot but how are my brother and sisters doing that are on Iressa? Any advice or recommendations?

Guest Karen C

Ray,

You know, when Dave got his first good test result, right after the chemo, we were thrilled but reserved. Now we are happy to get his good test results but still find it hard to get downright excited. I think we are afraid to "jinx" the good news! It's that what you are feeling? If you get all excited, the next time it will come back to haunt you with bad news? Just wondering, 'cause we have that same "just can't get excited" feeling.

But all in the same - great news - yipee!! (I posted a better congrats in the Good News forum).

you take care,

Karen C.

(David C's wife)

Hey Ray ... how about we get excited FOR you? :)

Actualy I understand completely. We get so much bad news with this disease we get to the point where we think any good news HAS to be followed by bad, right?

But it doesn't have to be that way and here's a great big prayer going out that your good news just goes on ... and on ... and on!

Dean

I am so happy to hear your news!!! I have been on Iressa since 10/02 with very few problems. I do have rashes, broken nails and dry skin. There is some occasional GI upset but nothing major. I have been stable on it for over a year.

I wish you the very best on it....HAPPY NED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray,

I'm not Lisa...but when I took Iressa, the side effects began the next day. Great weight loss plan (diarrhea), but ya couldn't get a date with the "rash" (unless a martian approached you who was homesick....). Hey, if it WORKS, who cares, right?

Wishing you all the best,

Becky

Hey Ray,

Thats absolutely wonderful news and you certainly fought hard to get where you are. :):) May the beast never come back to ya! :x Go out and celebrate with that wonderful family of yours.

Can't help with th Iressa, but you are on a roll, I'd go for it!!

God bless and stay well!

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

MRI's taken 12/18/03 - 2 brain mets found- named em Frick & Frack

PET taken 1/5 - hot spot in mediastinum May be cancer??

"Absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"