Upcoming CT scan & MRI Monday

Deb W

Hi everyone,

Scanziety...yet again! There was  pleural thickening or nodularity seen on my last CT with contrast.  It's been about 5-6 weeks since the last CT.  I don't think I'll ever get used to these scans - especially the MRI.  I am hoping that the inflammation is due to the lobectomy and resection I had in March.  If all goes well I can go a full 6 months without scanning!  Wish me luck.

Wishing you the best results! CT scans are scary, funny, ( well kind of) I have a CAT scan on Halloween again. Won't know what is what till Nov 4th. Easy to say, try not to think about it, and give yourself A+ for courage! You've got this! 

Deb,

I had one last Monday and got my results today.  I actually didn’t get to stressed out this time. Not sure exactly why but oh well I will take what I can get. Got my results today and they could have been better but, thank God, they weren’t any worse. I’m kind of where I was so no big change.

If you can find another focal point or spend more time with your family it really helps. I have started researching everything under the sun that doesn’t have anything to do with “ my now “ and it’s been pretty interesting. Biggest deal is, it has helped to put “ now “ more behind me. It gives me a little breathing room and maybe it would work for you. Breathing room is a big deal with all of us. It is hard to find sometimes in our present situation

So look for something that will take you “ outside “ of your own head for a while.

It is a really nice feeling.

Prayers for good news and relief from stress for you. We will all think good thoughts.

Keep us posted.

Ron

The oncologist said overall it looks good.  I'm going to take that as excellent news because I don't have to go for another scan until April so I'm back on the 6 month scan interval until 2 years pass.  Thank you for your thoughts and good wishes.

Deb

Archived