Not good news

TJM

Not looking good. Pet scan soon and maybe another surgery but realistically I am running out of options..

A clue that your onc isnt optimistic? You ask for some oxy and he gives you 120 pills.

Gonna take some time for this to sink in.

Peace

Tom

Hi Tom: Having another surgery means that you are not yet running out of options. Please don't despair  because one chance is often all you need. Best of luck.

I'm sorry to hear that things aren' looking good. Hang in there and if the second opinion isn't to your liking, try a 3rd maybe. I think I recall  you said you're  going to Seattle for a second. Is it at Fred Hutchinson?

BridgetO

Oh my.  Not what anyone wants to hear.  Know that we will be here with you, definitely consider a third opinion if necessary.  There are some big guns in California.  Ask about clinical trial options too... hugs to you.  

Thanks all. The plan is taking shape and the timing. That makes me feel better though I wish it would go faster.

Pet scan will be pivotal as well as the tests for genetic markers.

FWIW....I slept well and no longer in a dark place. Ready to fight the fight. KP has gotten their act together which also helps. Once more into the breach....

Peace

Tom

We face so many ups and downs with this disease, but we're far from done.  Stay strong, get the additional opinions, pick the best solutions for you and stay strong as you go through it.  There are so many times people make it through and you deserve it as much as anybody else would.

Lou

Thanks Kristin. Hoping the oncologist in Seattle will be up to speed. Appointment set up for Dec 7th. But I will check it out.

Archived